PDA

View Full Version : variety shows - tip #2

dave walbridge
12-08-12, 06:20 PM
Performing is privilege. If a producer puts you in a show you work to get there. You work to have a great act. You must be easy -- a pleasure even -- to work with. You do your time.

Rude acts, no matter how good, get to work exactly once. In over 500 shows exactly two acts have worked extra hard to be nasty to the producer.(me) Both acts were good - in fact very good, but I' don't need to work with either again. And I never recommend either.

In the world of variety there are two sorts of acts: good and getting good. Both are worth putting in a show. But no one ever said " That guy who is loud and late? Does anyone have his info?...I'd like to bet my reputation him."

Do your job.

Steven Ragatz
12-11-12, 02:24 PM
I agree that it would be nice if this were always true, but in my experience, if you're good enough the producer will put up with quite a lot. Time and again I've seen performers get fired from shows for inappropriate behavior only to be rehired, often with a raise, and sometimes even for the same role in the same show.

Isn't fair. Never has been, never will be.

It's still better to try to be nice. It's especially if you're not very good. ;)

Steven Ragatz

Marcus Wilson
12-11-12, 07:26 PM
This sounds like your speaking from a personal experience that happened recently.

I'm really curious who pissed you off?

(I know you have to much class to answer that on a public forum.)