PDA

View Full Version : Read Between the One-liners

Butterfly Man
03-22-04, 11:37 AM
Gazzo called me and said he has just finished putting together a book of one-liners ... he says he's calling it "Read Between the One-liners".

I thought to myself, now that’s a great name for a book!

I have not seen the book yet ... I just thought it was an interesting coincidence that I gave him a free copy of my collection of heckler lines (entitled "Read Between the Lines") when he passed through LA last December.

So he wrote a book ... in less than 3 months ... what a prolific writer he must be!

So now, he has asked me to write a forward for his new book.

I have never felt so honored.

Maybe he's not the asshole I thought he was.

martin ewen
03-22-04, 12:53 PM
Thats a coincidence, I passed that copy you lent me to nick and his book came out yesterday.
Only his titles, "Between the lines, is lots of useless tabletop."

Mr.Taxi Trix
03-23-04, 09:37 AM
Wow. A forward will add some serious weight to your literary portfolio, Butterfly.

The Amazing Beaumanz
11-24-04, 02:18 PM
Called "Read Between The One Lines" ( has the word one with a line through it) and a caraciture of Gazzo holding up three fingers.

I was given a copy of this book by Gazzo the other night (we had dinner after he visited our pitch) he was also in town for a lecture at Tampa Bay Magic Club.

There is some VERY good material in it!!!I would suggest this to anyone starting out. Harry Allen from Daytona Magic also has similar book called "Sleight of Mouth", which is also a good book for starting out on the streets.

Robert, The Forward is fucking hilarious!!!

Thanks,
Gazzo

dave walbridge
11-24-04, 03:43 PM
This book reminds me of a list Robert wrote up years ago for one of his street performing / heckler classes. In fact, it reminds me of that list quite a bit.

Butterfly Man
11-24-04, 05:57 PM
Thanks to Danny Hustle, I recently received a free copy of the book in question.

My cover was different from yours though ... it has Gazzo’s 3 fingers reaming me up the ass.

Mr.Taxi Trix
11-26-04, 10:39 AM
Now THERE's a beautiful visual.

Butterfly Man
11-27-04, 05:00 AM
Just grab a handfull of rocks and strip a few pipecleaners ...

build it to scale and it might pay January's mortgage.

Art is where you find it.