performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > Blogs

Old

Very Morphy

Posted 04-29-11 at 06:44 PM by martin ewen

Trip incountry

I was due to meet up with my 'team' at Shanghai airport and fly onto Chengdu. There are 8 performers in this ensemble and after 5 hours in Honolulu followed by 10 hours to Seoul Korea followed by a couple more to Shanghai I was ready at last for the social payoff.

My 'team' consisted of a lone Chinese guy holding my name on a card. I recognised him from an event four years previously where at a party organised by our benefactors I had...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

a puff of steam and the train eases from the station

Posted 03-26-11 at 07:10 AM by martin ewen

Well... Pulling an all nighter before a 2 day trek from Hawaii via Korea to south east china. Then two weeks work at a blossom festival, in 'interactive land'

Just got a notebook, all ubuntu'd up via my own ongoing experimenting. I now have something larger than an itouch to write on.

Its going to be an interesting gig, china always is. This one a smaller cast, only 8 performers who I will write about at length later. For now just trying to stay awake for the next few...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

LA

Posted 09-14-10 at 08:54 PM by martin ewen
Updated 09-14-10 at 09:07 PM by martin ewen

LA makes me feel like a anorexic after a hearty meal.
Not that I'm anorexic or would recognise a hearty meal if one was chopped up and stuck piecemeal into my face.
I'm just saying it's all very stimulating but it's also hot and hollow and one day will slip into the sea.

If given the choice between anecdotal olympics on one hand and self indulgent maudlin keening on the other?

Well I've made my choice, it's entirely up to the individual however.
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Got my groove on.

Posted 05-01-10 at 01:54 PM by martin ewen
Updated 05-01-10 at 01:57 PM by martin ewen (spelling)

Recieved a package from a group of online friends yesterday, I kind of collective, 'get well' effort.
Because with perspective it would appear I've just had a nervous breakdown.

Books, a t shirt that reads, " Do I look like a fucking people person"

High quality tea and coffee, a bottle of 'arrogant bastard' ale. A [washed] dildo a friend uturned on a motorway and retrieved. Finger puppets.

All sorts of lovely stuff.

I have...
Posted in Performance
Old

Asheville- once again into the breach

Posted 04-29-10 at 02:32 PM by martin ewen

I mentioned it to a therapist I had briefly. The whole, 'risk and redemption' aspect of improvisational performance. He nodded sagely and made a note. So did I mentally because like many things it bleeds across, these principles you employ.

I'm sitting outside a coffee shop looking at the 'pitch'. There's someone playing cello and people have gathered, just a few but there's not space for many more.
This is encouraging because moments ago no-one was performing and the sidewalk...
Posted in Uncategorized