performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > Blogs

Old

Added some new pix to my photo album.

Posted 04-14-12 at 05:49 PM by BlackBeltMagician

Check out the new pix in my album. Worked downtonwn Kansas City last Friday and drew some good crowds. Had some fun people come by. Need to do this more often.
Black Belt Magician
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Kansas City sci-fi Horror expo.

Posted 02-21-12 at 11:30 PM by BlackBeltMagician

Looks like I'll be performing at the sci-fi horror exp in Kansas City this fall. It goes for 3 days.
Should keep me busy.
Black Belt Magician
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Kansas City Busking video

Posted 02-08-12 at 12:51 PM by BlackBeltMagician

I hope to get some video up of me busking in Kansas City. I'm not exactly sure how to go about posting it. Any suggestions??? I'm not a real high tech guy. . .Doh!
-blackbeltmagician
Black Belt Magician
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

My Busking Table Addiction

Posted 02-08-12 at 12:42 PM by BlackBeltMagician

I re-read Jimmytalksalots book, and he blasts close up magic buskers and using a table. I had to agree with him, but I will need to re-do my entire show. I have gotten so used to my table and 3 shell game that I haven't found anything that so grabs the spectators interest except sharpshooter and misers dream, which I have been bringing into my show. Anybody else suffer from this affliction??? It would be nice just to bring my Dr. bag and go to work not needing to mess with my table and stand....
Black Belt Magician
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Busking in KC

Posted 02-02-12 at 02:34 PM by BlackBeltMagician

This town (KC) is not an easy place to draw crowds. Even Kozmo had to agree. . .
Everyone is so tight. Occasionally you get some good crowds, but it's not easy. The layout of the town is not conducive to people gathering. Everything is spread out so there is no natural gathering spots for people outside of festivals or concerts. Only River Market welcomes buskers. The Power & Light district won't have it. Lawrence, KS is very cool though. Have had some good times there. Even though...
Black Belt Magician
Posted in Uncategorized