View Single Post
Old 01-01-09, 04:25 PM   #1
George Gilbert

Send a message via AIM to George Gilbert
Default appropriate material?

I hope i'm posting this in the right section - It's not really a question of ethics.. Rather a question of what kind of material is appropriate working the festival gig....

Here's the deal .. I've been street performing for a few years now .. and now I want to start working festivals.... I've crashed a good number of fests but I've never been booked by one.

I have a family show.. However , I'm wondering how many festivals would find my material unappropriate .

2 things mainly: I do a cigarette manipulation act ending with the production of a giant cigar... Of course I tell the kids not to smoke or else they might grow up lookin like me!

and I also do rope through neck presented in a unique way.. I tell the audience if I don't find a previously selected card I would just hang myself.. During the trick I tell the kids not to try this at home of course..

(you can see my promo with this routine here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwoDA...e=channel_page)

I'm really proud of what I'm doing because I've worked really hard at it but how many festivals do you think would find this unnapropriate?? Would I lose out on many gigs? Should I just write a new show for festivals?

Thanks

GG