Thread: The Great Work
View Single Post
Old 04-29-10, 10:55 AM   #4
Butterfly Man
Refurbished Member

Apple

So, where are we now?

First, we have our agate mortar made up of our 3 constituents blended and stored for months now heated in a crucible the temperature raised incrementally for 10 days and we are not dead.
We have figured out to avoid breathing the mercury vapor and especially the arsenious hydrogen that killed so many of us off earlier.

Then we must dissolve the crucible with an acid. This part in the procedure led the way to the discovery of citric acid, nitric acid and sulphuric acid. But there’s a hitch here.

This “dissolution” phase must be done under polarized light. (Light coming in one plane)… if not … won’t work. Well, back in the old days they didn’t know how to do this, today we do and easily. Spectrophotometry. Guess what I did all day in the lab? Yep, that’s me.

So I kept going.

After this I evaporated the liquid and recalescined the solids. I did and redid this to purify what I had. I did this until I met Jim 7 years later in Vancouver.

I have to jump back for a second to address this issue of antimony vs. iron. You notice I favor a mixture of the two. Not just one nor the other. Why?

My reason is when looking way back to what the old philosophers said. They always mentioned the “universality” of the prime matter.

If it had to be a constituent of the plant, animal, vegetable, mineral world then iron would most certainly fit the bill. Antimony, however, would not.

But listen up, this is my theory and I’m sticking to it.

Like Love 22, I did some calculations with numbers. I replaced the Word ALCHIMIA with each letter representing a number according to its position in the alphabet.

Do the math and they add up to 56… the atomic weight of iron. I dunno really, this is just my idea. It might just be bullshit.

One more thing, that ash I told you to stick your little egg into before you heat it. Use Oak. This ash is potassium carbonate and what is an ancient name for that? Yes, sweetmeat, tartaric salt. Hmmmmm?(think Jacques Bergier)

This is where I think most of us find difficulty, if we continue on with our search for the stone.

This salt had many misleading names, the worst being saltpeter.
IMHO this word was used a lot to throw people off.