View Single Post
Old 05-07-10, 03:40 AM   #1
gav

Default WARNING !! Festival Stolen !!!

3 years ago my friend Zeljko Hajsok started a street performing festival in Split, Croatia called Street Talks. Zeljko is himself a circus performer and started the festival out of love for street arts.
This year was to be the 4th edition, but about a month ago he got news from someone in the city cultural department that his festival had been given to the mayors best mate to organize !! This man and his company Karaman Koncert completely stole the concept of the festival including the name and he even used a list of acts that my agency had supplied to another festival !! He then submitted his own application to the city and low and behold he got the gig.
This is not the only cultural event in Split that this person is now in control of, in total he has taken over 4 events ! Both the mayor Kerum and this Karaman are the subject of much speculation in the press with their dodgy dealings.
The shit is really starting to hit the fan down there and it looks like there will be some federal government intervention.

So why am I telling you this ?
Because I as well as several other performers and festival organizers have already been approached by this thief and people working with him. Oviously he has no idea how to organize a street performing festival and is looking for people to help. So far, we have all turned him down.
I ask of you all, please, if you are contacted to work at Street Talks in Split, Croatia in late June by anyone other than Zeljko Hajsok, please think about how you would feel if someone stole something that you worked so hard to create, and refuse the offer !
If you do decide to work with them, you will be working for some of the most corrupt dishonest people in this country. A country where a contract doesn't mean squat !!

Last edited by gav; 05-07-10 at 03:43 AM.
gav is offline   Reply With Quote