View Single Post
Old 06-03-10, 01:39 PM   #1
ronak.mehta31

Default Invitation to Asia's largest college cultural festival, Mood Indigo 2010

Hi,
Greetings from India, Mumbai !!

Mood Indigo, IIT Bombay's annual college cultural festival, one of the biggest of its kinds in India and arguably across Asia with over 72,000 footfalls, 150 events and over 50 international artists over the four days of the festival.

We at Mood Indigo, try to showcase brilliant, unique performances from around the world and the young crowd at our festival appreciates that.
So, if anyone is interested to can mail me at ronak@moodi.org

IIT Bombay:
One of the best institutes of India, IIT Bombay is famous worldwide as a premier engineering institute. Alumni of this esteemed institution have been instrumental in the country's technological development, and are also heading famous firms in the United States. Most recently, Nitin Nohria, our alumnus, has been appointed as the Dean of Harvard Business School. Other famous alumnus include Nandan Nilekani, and our environment minister Jairam Ramesh.

Mood Indigo:
Mood Indigo was started in 1973, and is one of the biggest college cultural festivals across Asia. As I have already mentioned the festival with 72,000 footfalls last year over a period of 4 days, it is largely looked by the youth as a platform of culture and widely . Apart from that, British Psychedelic artists, Porcupine Tree headlined the Mood Indigo Professional Nights, with several other renowned artists such as Parikrama, Shankar Ehsaan Loy, Moneybrother, Meja, and Indian Core performing.
Venue : IIT Bombay campus, Powai, Mumbai
Date : 20 - 23rd December 2010
The festival over the years,has witnessed enthralling performances by Ensiferum from Finland, Korean Dance Troupe 'B-Boyz',Meja and Moneybrother from Sweden, acclaimed magician Chris Korn from USA, No-fit State Circus from UK,Shuffle Demons, a Jazz Band from Canada,Four times Guinness world record holder football freestyler, Victor Rubilar, the renowned Jan Akkerman with his band from Netherlands, Tararam, a jazz drumming group (after spell-bounding the spectators at the Athens Olympics)
from Israel, Exhibitions by the Limca Book of Records, stunt bikers from various parts of the country, adventure games, hot-air ballooning and many more to suffice in a single mail.but we think this would be something very interesting and different, and something that would be the subject of discussion for many Mood Indigos to come.

I hope you sincerely consider my request and agree to come and grace our festival by your performance and let us know as soon as possible.

You can have a look at our website, www.moodi.org and download the brochure from there to get an idea about the festival.

I will be glad to answer any queries. Mail them to ronak@moodi.org.

Thank you.

Regards,
Ronak Mehta,
Core Group Member,
Mood Indigo 2010.
+91-9820019176.
ronak.mehta31 is offline   Reply With Quote