View Single Post
Old 01-25-12, 02:55 AM   #1
kokoP

Send a message via Skype™ to kokoP
Default Getting a circle act off the Ground & infront of the Public

Just got home from going down to see the World Busking Festival in Christchurch NZ.

I went down to check out the scene and chance my arm and hoped to get some experience.

I thought in the spirit I should be able to have a go either in the busking area or surrounding area.

This proved difficult... I was thrown out of the venue, even as I queued to get tickets to see an evening show ($10 each)

I went busking in Cashel Street Mall, which had a Festival Music busking pitch, though I was some way away down the street.
The people in the city centre are few and far between & Cashel street, even for a well practiced busker would have been heavy going!

I saw many different acts, some very good, some sort of past there use by date and some beginners.

I learnt allot though didn't manage to crack the circle act and hold an audience.

In returning home I see my own home town (Nelson) is advertizing BuskerBurgoo which runs from 2nd -5th Feb.

http://summerfestival.nelsoncitycoun...heatre-series/

I contacted them seeking to get myself out there in front of people and once again told they are already full, we'll keep your details for next year.

It's proving difficult to get myself out there...but in reality I'm not really ready yet.....

So how does one get a cirle act up to presentable level without exposure and in a small town like Nelson which outside of Busking Festivals never has circle acts in the street??

Having read Ewens advice re busking....just get out there and do it untill I suck and suck and suck!

Ciao
Jimu

"Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no Art" Leonardo da Vinci
kokoP is offline   Reply With Quote