Thread: Amsteram rules?
View Single Post
Old 07-15-04, 03:16 PM   #3
racketsandglass

Default No performing for non EU members

We were just in Amsterdam in late May. It's true about the permits, they won't grant them to non-EU members. Granted, we never actually walked to the permit office to confirm this, it was just the buzz on the street from other performers. Though more information can be found at http://www.superfrank.com/

We worked there for 10 days or so before we were stopped by police and told we couldn't perform without the permit. We ended up doing one more show that night but then left the next day.

As to the general pitch situation, the Leidseplein has a lottery draw at the beginning of the day if it's busy, though this only came into play on one Saturday when we were there. Though as to whether things have gotten more crowded now that tourist season is picking up, I can't say.

For accomodations, my wife and I stayed at the Flying Pig Palace (www.flyingpig.com), which is pretty near the Leidseplein. But we were willing to tolerate the frat party atmosphere of the dorms. I don't know what factors you consider for suitable lodging.

Hope this helps! We have found that many performers are pretty tight lipped when it comes to pitch information, we obviously believe differently. If this is of benefit to anyone, please remember to pay it forward. We're all in this together.....

Silas Knight and Jana Dae
Dae and Knight Acrobatics
www.circusacrobats.com
racketsandglass is offline   Reply With Quote