View Single Post
Old 01-24-02, 02:39 AM   #2
Jim
Your Host

Lightbulb

Well folks,

You may notice some changes to the Forums... One main change is the address. Update your bookmarks if you link directly to the forum pages. The old address is giving a server error for me. Until I figure it out, you can always link directly in to this address:
http://www.performers.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

Or just navigate in from the home page.

Some of the navigation is different. I personally think the new navigation scheme of the >>breadcrumb>>where are you>>arrowdeal is kind of ugly. I'll see what I can do about it.

There's a new icon above each message that looks like two people next to an envelope, that's to send private messages directly to other members. I haven't used it yet.

Now in the Topic Posting box you can add instant UBB code to your messages and Instant smilies.

You can also link people directly to a CATEGORY (like Gigs) and a smaller forum display pops up with only that category's topics.

On the front page, the last post in a forum is displayed by subject.

I've gotten rid of the moderator column.

There's lots more that I have to learn about and lots more I have to add and tweak. But just start clicking around and getting used to the new system.

There is a lot more functionality and customization with this version of the UBB. We'll see where it goes.

I'm going to bed. It's 3:45am.

See you tomorrow.

Jim