performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > GIG OPPORTUNITIES - POST GIGS HERE! > GIGS - FESTIVALS

Old 05-29-12, 08:09 AM   #1
Rishi Palan

Default Mood Indigo 2012, Asia's largest college cultural festival

MOOD INDIGO, the annual cultural festival of Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay is the biggest college cultural celebration in Asia. Continuing with its 41 year old legacy, Mood Indigo's next edition will take place in December this year. Mood Indigo has been successful in attracting a footfall of over 80000 every year, featuring a plethora of events with more than 200 international artists from over 20 countries having graced the Mood Indigo stage hitherto

One of the best institutes of India, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay is famous worldwide as a premier engineering institute. Alumni of this esteemed institution have been instrumental in the country's technological development, and are also heading famous firms in the United States. Most recently, Nitin Nohria, our alumnus, has been appointed as the Dean of Harvard Business School. Other famous alumni include Nandan Nilekani, and India’s rural development Minister Jairam Ramesh.

Over the years, the Mood Indigo stage has witnessed enthralling performances by the following street buskers:
1. Franktastiko, UK
2. Aerial Angels, UK
3. Mr. Banana
4. Victor Rubilar
5. Pedro Tochas
6. Adam Winrich
7. Muntaner Duo
8. Cile - the One Man Band
9. Chris Korn
10. Circoloco, Canada
11. Lee Kui Lim, Singapore

I hope you sincerely consider my request and agree to come and grace our festival by your performance and let us know as soon as possible.

I will be glad to furnish any further details.

For more information, please visit our website www.moodi.org and our Wiki page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mood_Indigo_(festival)

Regards,
Rishi Palan
Core Group Member
Mood Indigo 2012
IIT Bombay
Mumbai - 400 076
INDIA

+91 - 9821206508
rishipalan@moodi.org
Old 06-05-12, 01:26 PM   #2
Isabella

I want to mention that we had a GREAT time at this event last year.

Lodging is a guest house walkable from the pitch. While Mumbai is a major, dirty, busy city, the campus is a quiet, pleasant, tree-shaded place in the suburbs (and ten degrees cooler).
All meals are provided.
They pick you up at the airport and get you to the airport (very, very helpful, especially if this is your first time in India - it's bustly and confusing).
They have a lot of lovely students who run sound, carry your equipment, and are generally helpful.
The audiences are polite, attentive, English-fluent, and they get ALL the jokes. They don't like blue material (for us, a girl landing in a volunteer's arms was hot stuff, and as far as we could go) but they are loud laughers and strong clappers and they don't have to have the jokes beaten out for them.
It's only one show a day - you have lots of time to sightsee and hang out.
Being in India is AMAZING. Almost everyone is incredibly nice.

There is no money, and while it was allowed, we did not see any performers pass the hat (we didn't - they're all students).
You buy your own plane ticket. They can get you to your next destination in India for further travel (we ended up with one RT and one OW tickets within India).

I know one of the groups last year got a provincial grant from their home province to pay their airfare, since it's a prestigious international festival.

I'd go again, because it was awesome, and I recommend the experience. If you'd like to know anything, or you want some tips on travel in India and how to have a pleasant time in Mumbai (Baby wipes and lots of them), please do get in touch!
Isabella is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
busking, busking festival, street, street entertainers