performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > THE GREEN ROOM > BLAH, BLAH, BLAH...

Old 01-09-03, 08:39 PM   #1
LUCKY DIAMOND RICH

Stop Australia 1 - England 0

Well Well Well,
I went down Covent Garden today and there had been no one down performing since Monday,and today is Thursday!It snowed in the capital city for the first time in long while and ,no shows to be seen at all.
I did 2 shows in the freezing cold snow,on the icey cold cobble stones,on the West Piazza.No one else turned up,just one little Ozzie performer in his Kilt and a 10 foot unicycle.

But were are these Hard Core acts that have been telling me and us other Australian's for years that we have not got it in us ,Australian Acts are not hard core!You would not last a winter if you tried,they say!

Well ,I will tell you where all these British (not so hard core acts) are at home in there flats in London ,at a Pub or the most hard core of them all in Melbourne Australia playing with themselves.

I love the English,most of them are so full of shit and when it comes down to the crunch,the Australia's always have the last laugh and show them how it is done.

LDR

[ 01-26-2003: Message edited by: LUCKY DIAMOND RICH ]</p>
Old 01-26-03, 07:32 AM   #2
robin good

go dude show those slackers up its easy. its so easy to be a good worker in england just look at the state of the place and you can figure out that no one does a lot

[ 02-05-2003: Message edited by: robin good ]</p>
robin good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-03, 11:15 AM   #3
em

whats a "good worker"?
em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-03, 03:16 PM   #4
AJJames

Lurk

Lucky,
fair comment about Covent Garden, but before you tar all English acts with the same brush , come up north where it's really cold, London is kept nice and warm all year round by the pollution, You think a bit of snow makes it cold ,that's not cold, I played Carlisle yesterday....wind chill factor of minus 3 or 4 mate, pitch is a wind tunnel, I had to do a half hour face warm up so I could smile, I tried a show a few weeks ago and I forgot to do a proper facial warm up and I just looked like a bad ventriloquist ,my mouth fixed in one position the whole show.
So get my number off windsor and give us a call, you can come and stay with me in the lakes and we'll go play Carlisle, unless you're too aclimatized to the warm and cosy London weather.

Robin. what would you know about work? you put your occupation as beggar? what are you doing posting on this site? I'm not being fascist and saying you're not allowed....that's Jim's job, but I'm curious as to what you think you have to contribute to a comunity of performers?

[ 01-26-2003: Message edited by: AJJames ]</p>
Old 01-26-03, 07:27 PM   #5
LUCKY DIAMOND RICH

A.J,
well fair play man!You are the man that new the man,that made the man,the man he is today.Well if I need a break from the not so cold Big Smoke (London),I will give you a call!Much love

LDR

Em,
hard work for is when you are pushed,and forced into the unknown!
Old 01-27-03, 11:24 AM   #6
Rex Boyd
Kansas Man in Exile

Fair play to AJ!! I've seen Carlisle in the summer and I wouldn't want to play it even then. But then again I have gone very soft in my old age.

Rex

www.rexboyd.co.uk
Rex Boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-03, 02:27 PM   #7
em

So does that make Covent Garden "The Unknown"?
(written with a tiny twist of irony!)

x
em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-03, 06:03 AM   #8
jugglermatt1

Well , I think you said it all Lucky Diamond Ritch ; "I did 2 shows ..blah blah blah .. No one else turned up "
If doing 2 shows in front of a little ozzie performer is your idea of fun then go ahead . Im so full of shit , im doing shows in spain , in the sun , to more than your sad little friend .
jugglermatt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-03, 07:10 AM   #9
AJJames

Smile

Ola matt, good to here you're enjoying spain, but I don't think you got LDR's post, he wasn't talking about doing a show infront of an ozzie performer in a kilt, he is the ozzie performer in a kilt, and he rocks covent ,when ever he does a show, i've seen him pull a huge shows off on freezing cold, midweek days, off season.
His post was saying how the so called hard core street acts of London that DON'T migrate for the winter, don't show up and work the hard core days. I'm English and I resent the slur so I defended my national dignity (what a joke) by relaying how I spend my saturdays in January. Your post just proves LDRs point , that England is too cold for the English.
The only people who can really defend our natioal pride against Richie's slander, is those of us banging out shows in mid winter.
Having said that..I'm jealous of you ,and given the choice I'd take a cafe con leche in el soleil than "national pride" in my Hard-coreness anytime Spain is a great choice for winter, what's galicia like? I've played quite alot of spain, mostly southern coastal towns, never in the north.
Old 01-31-03, 08:05 AM   #10
jugglermatt1

Its all about quality of life I suppose . I was in England last christmas did a fantastic show in a school , the next day , a Saturday, the streets were full of a mad bustle shopaholic nightmare , with mothers dragging of children , and an average walking pace of well over average .Whooar stress .
Its just that I like to relax a little , play a few jokes , you know visually and that . You have to be hardcore to play to the people who are hardcore , If you dont play hardcore then theres nothing wrong with loafing about all week doing nothing , I thought it was a trait amongst artisty types .
In Spain , which has a higher average temperature , lower rainfall , lower cost of living , higher quality food fruit wine etc..My quality of life is better(good looking girls also ).But I still dont play all the time , If I dont work all the time I can stay in a city like this for a long time , and its still fresh .
jugglermatt1 is offline   Reply With Quote