performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > CONTACT PEOPLE / ANNOUNCEMENTS / HOUSING > HAS ANYONE SEEN....?

Old 09-24-02, 01:50 PM   #1
StarPixy

Send a message via AIM to StarPixy
Question What's the name of that guy...

I recently saw Cirque du Soliel's Nouvelle Experiance on tv. There was this really great performer, I'm not sure if they would consider him the clown or not. He did this cool sketch where he was supposedly "making a movie", and he picked people from the audience to be in it. It was very funny stuff. I think the show was in 1990 or something like that.I think he was also in another show called Cirque du Jubilee, circus gala or something. Does anybody know who this guy is? Just curious.
Old 09-24-02, 03:11 PM   #2
martin ewen

His name is Lee Ross (probably)
At least thats his material, it may have been someone doing his stuff after he had left. He was the first principle performer they had when they started up.
The Cirque has a clause in all their contracts that says that whatever content you bring to their shows, they then own.
Bear that in mind if you've got a piece and they want to employ you.

[ 09-24-2002: Message edited by: martin ewen ]</p>
martin ewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-02, 07:55 PM   #3
StarPixy

Send a message via AIM to StarPixy
Lee Ross...Thanks,Martin.
Old 09-24-02, 08:30 PM   #4
Jim
Your Host

Lightbulb

Lee Ross did his Gunfight routine in Saltimbanco in Asia in 1998-2000.

The guy on the tape "Nouvelle Experience" (which was filmed around 1990) doing the "Western Theme Movie Making" routine was David Shiner... I think.

Rene Bazinet did the Gunslinger routine in Saltimbanco and was in Nouvelle Experience but I'm not sure what his role was. (He's teaching at MotionFest in November.) He was actually in many Cirque shows and tours so at first I thought it was HIM that did the Movie Making routine.

But now I'm pretty sure the guy StarPixy is asking about is David Shiner. Here's a picture of him.

I found it at a cool Cirque du Soliel Fan Page with more info on it than CDS's official page... Click Here

Here's a page with info on Rene Bazinet with a mention and a photo of Lee Ross!

[ 09-24-2002: Message edited by: Jim ]</p>
Old 09-24-02, 08:46 PM   #5
martin ewen

[quote] --the tape "Nouvelle Experience" (which was filmed around 1988)-- <hr></blockquote>
88, a typo surely, when did Cirque start up?
I stand corrected if Lee just got the asian leg and i got the act wrong too. (The gunslinger struck me as movieish)
I need easier questions
martin ewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-02, 10:18 PM   #6
Jim
Your Host

Hey!

Martin,

Check this link:
http://reedycreek.azlance.com/~richa...nco/index.html
for Saltimbanco history and this link:
http://reedycreek.azlance.com/~richa...bnco/act13.htm
for Saltimbanco "Lead Clown" history.

Lee was the third "Lead Clown" for Saltimbanco. I saw Rene Bazinet do his gunslinger routine in 1993 when Saltimbanco came to Boston... that was also before I met Lee Ross when he was in Boston around 1994. Lee got the gig in 1998 partially because he had his own gunslinger routine and partially becasue he's a great performer. I never saw Lee perform because the show was in Asia at that time so I don't know how he modified his act for Cirque, but if you look at those pictures, he's wearing the same costume as Rene Bazinet. Rene was the first Lead in the First Saltimbanco North American tour starting in 1992.

[ 09-24-2002: Message edited by: Jim ]</p>