performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > FOR SALE - WANTED > ITEMS WANTED

Old 03-30-01, 10:36 AM   #1
Daniel Forlano

Exclamation Blue Acrylic Balls

I need to buy or borrow three blue acrylic balls ASAP but not after 30 April. Dube sold his last few this week. I need them for show the first weekend in May only.

------------------
stitches

Thank you, Frisbee.
danielc: I ordered four 3" acrylic balls at twenty five dollars each. But the money didn't come out of my pocket.

[This message has been edited by Daniel Forlano (edited 03-31-2001).]
Daniel Forlano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-01, 02:55 PM   #2
Frisbee

Cool

Go to www.plasticballs.com this is a good place to buy anything you want for contact juggling balls. Hope this helps.

-Frisbee

www.FrisbeeShow.com
Old 03-31-01, 12:00 PM   #3
danielc

Looks like a great company-

The only thing is on their website it says that there is a $100.00 minimum order. Ouch. And I would imagine that's in US funds too, so that'd be like 150 dollars for us Canadians. How many balls would you get for that price anyways? I don't see a price list, perhaps I'm just not looking hard enough. *grin*

Wishing he could afford things,
Daniel
Old 03-31-01, 07:30 PM   #4
Todd

Not to sound glib, and i understand the money issue, but if this is your job $100 is nothing in order to have goodlooking professional props.
A few years ago I was doing a show with the Zuccini Brothers, and Todd Key gave me a ton of greif because a few of my props looked shabby. Money was the reason I had let my stuff get crappy, and time too, but he was right. Everything in your act represents you, so why not have the best.
I guess this tags on to the post about street performers looking their best too. Shabby costuming gets you shabby tips.
I totally understand that $100 seems like alot of cash ($150 Canadian), but how much is it worth to you to have a show that represents? Totally, 100%, in tricks, props, costuming, and script.
Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-01, 02:04 PM   #5
danielc

Butterfly

Todd-

I agree in full. However, I am experiencing to say the least a "seasonal lull" as happens in the winter months with Canadian street performers who don't travel. This means money comes in few and far between..

I agree in full though, as I said. Professional props are a large part of how you come across, and I agree again, 150.00 is NOT a lot to invest in your show, provided you've got it at the moment!

Huzzah and heavy hats!
Daniel
Old 04-02-01, 02:05 PM   #6
Frisbee

Piggy

I agree totally on props...They should be in great condition...think of it this way...buy enough so you have a practice set that you dont mind dropping and scratching up and a set that you just use for performing...I have gotten in the habit of trying to have double of every prop I need...so I have a practice set and a performance set....and besides its a tax write off...save all your receipts and they are taken as buisness expenses....if you are really in a pinch....call the company up and explain your situation and what you do...perhaps tell them you want to try their product....see if they have samples you can try out until you have the money to place the minumum order they have.

just my thoughts,
Frisbee

www.FrisbeeShow.com