performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > FOR SALE - WANTED > ITEMS WANTED

Old 03-23-02, 05:29 AM   #1
fracksfreakshow

Post animal trap?

ok, frack wants to do the hand in the raccoon trap trick. Anyone know where frack can pick up a trap?
fracksfreakshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-02, 11:03 AM   #2
Thom

Frack,

Hardware or hunting supply stores usually carry them. Or, check online for hunting supplies.

Good Luck,

Thom
Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-02, 09:36 AM   #3
Danny Hustle

[quote]Originally posted by fracksfreakshow:
<strong>ok, frack wants to do the hand in the raccoon trap trick. Anyone know where frack can pick up a trap?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hi Frack,

Abbott's magic has sold these for years. The truth is, it just a regulation racoon trap that you can get in many hardware stores. The Abbot's trap has been chromed and has a presentation routine, but it is just a standard racoon trap. the trick to it is, racoon traps don'r carry too much zap to begin with. they are designed to snare the leg of a racoon, not break it. this being said, a human hand barely feels a thing. But it looks like it would hurt like hell.

If you get one in a hardware store shoot me an email and I'll be happy to give you the routine I used to do with it. It really is a fun stunt and gets a good reaction. I used to do it when I tended bar but my routine would adapt to busking easily.

Best,

Dan-
Old 03-28-02, 05:08 AM   #4
fracksfreakshow

ok frack has gotten alot of help on this one here and through emails and thank you. but frack can't find one at a store anywhere around here or on the internet. also frack can't find abbot magic on the web. anyone happen to know abbot's web page or phone number? thanks alot. yep yep frack attack.
Old 03-28-02, 09:46 AM   #5
Josh Casey

http://www.abbottmagic.com/

Good luck!
Josh Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-02, 03:11 PM   #6
Cacoal

Frack,
You can go the abbott's magic route and have a shiny new magical looking prop, or you could go to some antique shop and find a nice old rusted scary looking trap. Check out www.northernfur.com/nf/traps/index.html
that's were I found mine.
Old 03-29-02, 02:23 PM   #7
Danny Hustle

[quote]Originally posted by fracksfreakshow:
<strong>ok frack has gotten alot of help on this one here and through emails and thank you. but frack can't find one at a store anywhere around here or on the internet. also frack can't find abbot magic on the web. anyone happen to know abbot's web page or phone number? thanks alot. yep yep frack attack.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hi Frack,

There are a bunch of them listed on Ebay right now for about $20. Just search for small animal trap.

And the one from Abbot's does look like a shiny chrome prop.

One last thing, if you do go for a used trap get a single spring. Some of the double spring jobs can snap like hell [img]smile.gif[/img]

Best,

Dan-

[ 03-29-2002: Message edited by: Danny Hustle ]</p>
Old 03-29-02, 06:16 PM   #8
fracksfreakshow

frack found a website that looked like it had what wanted, so ordered that. if that isn't right then headed to ebay. looked on there before and couldn't find anything but now seems to be alot of traps that would work. let everyone know how it goes once the trap arrives or if it's ebay for frack. thanks. yep yep frack attack
Old 04-06-02, 11:32 PM   #9
fracksfreakshow

ok folks yep yep frack got his trap in the mail. only problem is haven't been able to try it yet cause don't know how to set the thing. anyone help here? frack has no idea. can't really be that hard only a few pieces on it that move. but no instructions geez. probably by time someone replies to this frack will have it figured out. but still maybe later on someone else will have the same problem and the answer will be here. so anyone help? geez no instructions. yep yep frack attack.
Old 04-07-02, 11:48 AM   #10
Cacoal

Frack,
First, I hope you got a small one with no teeth!
Step on the "spring" of the trap and the jaws should fall to the side you may have to push them down. Then putting your hand under the jaw lift the pan of the trap ( the round or square thing in the middle) then grab the tongue ( the long skinny thing) and place it over the jaw into the groove or hook on the edge of the pan. Then you slowly let go of the spring and your trap should be set.
Good luck
Jason
Old 04-07-02, 05:15 PM   #11
Scot Free

Frack, If you have to "step on the spring" to get it to open, don't I repeat DON'T put your hand in it!
Scot Free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-02, 09:09 AM   #12
fracksfreakshow

well frack set the trap and figured it out. thought might be smart to try a pencil out before trying own finger. stuck the pencil in set the trap off and chopped the pencil in half and sent the other half that got chopped flying across the room. then thought wow, so tried out an ink pen, same deal chopped the ink pen in half, ran ink all over frack, didn't think that would happen thought at most would just crush the plastic not destroy it. so frack is wondering, trap to strong? need a new one? this one is a victor trap 1 1/2 rating, which was told by other performers to get. or is it cause all fingers get stuck in spreading out the pressure or is it to strong? frack wants to keep fingers so waiting for some input. yep yep frack attack.
Old 04-08-02, 09:25 AM   #13
Danny Hustle

Hi Frack,

This trap sounds WAY too strong!

The trap I used I would have to break the pencils by hand, carefully put them back together and then put them into the trap.

There are a couple of things you can do,

1. send the trap back and get a weaker one.

2. using a pair of big pliers squeeze some of the snap out of the spring.

Best,

Dan-
Old 04-08-02, 11:02 AM   #14
Doctor Eric

Exclamation

Hey Frack,
Don't just jump in (especially since the thing is already scarin ya), wrap a thick towel around your hand at first(you may want to Unspring it a bit like danny mentioned first also), wrap the towel so that you can unwrap it a layer at a time, this wil give you a bit of confidence, which is important, cuz if you jerk at the last second, you can scrape all the skin off of your fingers....
good luck
may the powers of the mind be with you....
inevitably,

!?www.ericcash.com?!
Doctor Eric is offline   Reply With Quote