performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > BUSKING STUFF > FESTIVAL DISCUSSIONS

Old 03-12-03, 12:37 PM   #1
Irina

Talking 4th street Fair, Tuscan, AZ - Question

Did anybody ever worked for the 4th street fair in Tuscan? It looks like a huge event and they do advertise street performers - but I never got any replies to my e-mails...Do we need a permit or audition for the entertainers list to participate - or just show up and work?

Please e-mail directly to buskergirl@hotmail.com
Irina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-03, 11:39 PM   #2
theincrediblelarry

I worked it a couple of years ago, you have to pay them, to perform. You need a liscence and ahave to pay an entry fee of some sort. I think it cost $65. Not a very profitable venture, I did it because I was in the area. I certianly wouldn't make a long distance trip for it, but it is worth it if you're not far away.
I have the contact info back home, but I am currently far away from there.
If you go to Tucson, ask around 4th street, and someone will pioint you in the right direction. good luck
Larry
look at me
theincrediblelarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-03, 05:18 AM   #3
Sean McMahon

Hi Irina,

I did this street fair for four years back in the mid 1980s because I was a student at University of Arizona right down the street. I'm sure someone has more updated information, but I will tell you my experience.

First of all, it really helps if you have some kind of sound that will amplify your act. A non-amplified act just gets lost in the noise of the crowd. I have had the experience of fighting over a spot, but that may have been just the performers of the time.

The economy of Tucson is a depressed one, maybe even moreso now- it's not like a major port city where there is a lot of income. This will impact your hat. If you are an experienced performer, I would think that, with a little luck, you could make enough money to consider the gig worth it. If you are a new performer, it's a decent place to get some experience. Above all, I would not go out of my way for it- if it is convenient for you to attend, and you dont' have anything else to do, go for it. And bring LOTS to drink, it's the desert. Good luck!
Sean McMahon is offline   Reply With Quote