performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > BUSKING STUFF > BUSKING Q&A/GENERAL PERFORMING TOPICS

Old 12-14-00, 07:34 AM   #1
Peter
Unused member

Post Busking from OH to FL

Good Whatever Part of the Day it is for You,

My partner and myself started busking in this last month. We have a restaurant in the Cincinnati OH area that we work on Tuesday nights (Ruth doing face painting and I am a Balloon Artist)and are making about $150. U.S. a night. Why didn't I discover this wonderful way to live in the 1960's!

My query is; We are going to Mama Clown's school the week of Jan 15 and want to do some busking on our trip. We will be going thru Atlanta GA and Orlando FL. Where are some spots to stop and busk doing Balloon animals and hats?

Thanks for any info.
Peter
Old 12-15-00, 07:53 AM   #2
Lyndel

Cool

Peter,

Howdy!

I'm based in Orlando, FL. Orlando PD has ordinances against busking and strictly enforce it downtown in the Church Street District (a popular spot for tourists) You can however obtain a busking license from city hall which allows you to busk downtown.

Of course the theme parks are going to object if you do it on any of their property.
They have a control issue when it comes to their entertainment... go figure...

Hope this helped!

Magically,

Lyndel

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Peter:
Good Whatever Part of the Day it is for You,

My partner and myself started busking in this last month. We have a restaurant in the Cincinnati OH area that we work on Tuesday nights (Ruth doing face painting and I am a Balloon Artist)and are making about $150. U.S. a night. Why didn't I discover this wonderful way to live in the 1960's!

My query is; We are going to Mama Clown's school the week of Jan 15 and want to do some busking on our trip. We will be going thru Atlanta GA and Orlando FL. Where are some spots to stop and busk doing Balloon animals and hats?

Thanks for any info.
Peter
Lyndel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-00, 01:23 AM   #3
Triona

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Lyndel:
Peter,

Howdy!

I'm based in Orlando, FL. Orlando PD has ordinances against busking and strictly enforce it downtown in the Church Street District (a popular spot for tourists) You can however obtain a busking license from city hall which allows you to busk downtown.

Of course the theme parks are going to object if you do it on any of their property.
They have a control issue when it comes to their entertainment... go figure...

Hope this helped!

Magically,

Lyndel

Lyndel,

Can you send me any information on how to get the permit? We might be in Florida early next year and it would be fun to do some busking while we're there.

Any help will be appreciated.

Triona
Triona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-00, 09:45 PM   #4
Lyndel

Smile

Triona,

I could not locate the phone number to city hall, but if you contact the chamber of commerce at (407) 425-1234, they will steer you in the right direction! Good luck!

Lyndel

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Triona:
Lyndel,

Can you send me any information on how to get the permit? We might be in Florida early next year and it would be fun to do some busking while we're there.

Any help will be appreciated.

Triona
Lyndel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-01, 10:46 AM   #5
Irina

To my knowledge, the first block of Church Street in Orlando is for 'selected" performers only, they do have auditions and the scedule, but the second block - with less traffic, is OK for 'drive through" busking. You can also work in Ybor Town in Tampa, actually there's a post on gigs forum about it. Also a good place to work is Bayside Miami, you need the permission of the marketing director, but they are pretty easy about it if you work for tips and look presentable...Unfortunately, Atlanta Underground got closed for busking, there's no good pitches there, but you can always do balloons in Piedmont Park on the playground. They also have family days in Centenniel Park and there are kids there near the fountain.
Irina is offline   Reply With Quote