performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > THE GREEN ROOM > BLAH, BLAH, BLAH...

Old 04-25-04, 12:10 PM   #1
MarcusM

Scot "Master" Juggler

2 Questions
A buddy of mine and I were talking about when you can consider yourself a "master" juggler. Is there a point when one's skill is so good that you can start calling your self a master juggler? When would you say that is? I got a little money on this one!
~Marcus
MarcusM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-04, 03:42 PM   #2
le pire

For me- five balls distinguishes you as a juggler as opposed to being someone who juggles. That being said, I have a good friend who can barely do four balls, yet is phenomenal with cigar boxs. I consider him a juggler.

"Master" juggler-- if you own all four of Jason Garfields tapes and have watched them then I think you deserve the title master juggler.

etienne
le pire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-04, 05:32 PM   #3
Lynneski

Default A nickname chooses YOU, Grasshopper

You can *call yourself* a master juggler the first time you throw and catch a couple of items.

You *become* a Master Juggler when other people who can throw and catch items with panache, style, and accuracy refer to you in such a fashion.
Old 04-25-04, 05:51 PM   #4
MarcusM

Scot

etienne,
Someone who doesnt juggle could watch those tapes...are they a master juggler?
~Marcus
Old 04-25-04, 06:13 PM   #5
le pire

Its a joke Marcus... His tapes are all entitled "Juggling Master" and the covers all feature big, beefy, bald Jason pointing his finger at you menacingly.

I think Lynneski nailed it. Title is bestowed, not claimed.

etienne
le pire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-04, 05:24 AM   #6
jester

Jester Bollocks!

Send out enough press releases in which you describe yourself as a master juggler and it will be only a matter of time before it is official and in print.

Thence forth you will be bestowed a "master juggler."

I am frequently asking provocative questions of those in authority and bait them frequently. The press call me a "Master Baiter." My colleagues just call me a "wanker."

Funny old world isn't it.

I think you are a master juggler when you can juggle 9 balls indefinately while balancing on one leg, upon a ladder balanced upon a walking globe while wearing pink frilly knickers on your head. Which I could do any time I wanted if I wasn't too lazy to practice a bit more.

jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-04, 09:48 AM   #7
MarcusM

Scot but....

"I think you are a master juggler when you can juggle 9 balls indefinately while balancing on one leg, upon a ladder balanced upon a walking globe while wearing pink frilly knickers on your head. Which I could do any time I wanted if I wasn't too lazy to practice a bit more." -jester

Now I agree with you completely...but do you have to be wearing PINK knickers? I have nothing wrong with that it's just that the ones I have are a softer yellow?
~Marcus
Old 04-28-04, 12:02 PM   #8
jester

Jester

Well you see this is where you are going wrong. There are so many nearly made it's who just could not be bothered to go out and buy the right knickers.

The knickers are the cherry on the cake. Ever seen a softer yellow cherry? No. Of course not.

I personally love the way you interpret this particular move, but it is the wrong colour knickers that are letting you down.

However, I shall still call you master.

Jester

jester is offline   Reply With Quote