performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > CONTACT PEOPLE / ANNOUNCEMENTS / HOUSING > HOUSING

Old 08-12-04, 12:55 PM   #1
Joan

Default looking for roomate in brooklyn

have a space available,a room in brooklyn its nice & big & clean lots of windows,elevator, high cellings and lots of space to reherse, 840 a month anyone interested? close to the a train one stop from the city.
Joan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-04, 07:08 PM   #2
Butterfly Man
Refurbished Member

Butterfly more info please

... room shared or private?

Sorry, please disregard the above request ... I didn't see the word "roomate" in the title bar until after I posted ... that probably leaves me out. I'm a male too (although a very married male) I am still pretty intimidating (although most people can beat me up easily).

It's a pity really, I always wanted to come there for awhile ... I have an open invitation by Master Lee to visit but he's such a pig I end up having to clean his bathroom and kitchen before I can get any work done.

Perhaps you should think about it some more before giving such an open invitation ... do you really need an aging, bitter 55 year old, has been juggler living in such close proximity to you ... and I be stressing over my 8 minutes all the time as well.

Last edited by Butterfly Man; 08-12-04 at 07:29 PM.
Butterfly Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-04, 08:54 PM   #3
Mr.Taxi Trix

Do it, Robert. It would get you out of bitterland for awhile, Joan is cool as, and you can afford it. Kumi could probably use a break every once in awhile. fly up and look at it, why dont'cha. And hey, Joan and Brendan, check out my sculpture at the Pratt Sculpture Garden, on 200 Willoughby Ave... let me know how it looks. Be careful if you let him in, hon... next thing you know the floor behind the toilet will be all shiny, and the kitchen counters will look like mirrors.
Mr.Taxi Trix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-04, 12:16 AM   #4
Joan

Default sclupture and sublet

carl, pratt is right up the street, i ride my bike by every day.. ill go peep it out tomorrow, and is butter-butt serious? are you serious? how long were you thinking of staying? id rather an embittered juggler than an econ student... i don't mind grumpy old dudes so long as you pay rent, its a two bedroom warehouse loft space, with a big huge sparcely furnished open space and high ceilings, if your considering let me know i think it'd be fun. plus living with a veteran performer would save so much explaining, i can email you details if you like-joan
Old 08-13-04, 02:26 AM   #5
Butterfly Man
Refurbished Member

Thumbs Up If I could make it there ...

Hmmm ... this might be a way out for me ... dying a slow death out here IS the other option ... I guess I'll put it to the ol' lady and see if she is interested in a bi-coastal relationship ... I guess my main concern would be access to airports (I usually do La Guardia but occasionally JFK ... I'm an in-and-out kind of guy (ashamed to admit it) and would probably fly in every two weeks Wed. thu Sun. ... I don't see her much as it is ... it's gonna be a tough choice, no matter what ... thanks for putting it out there ... tell me more ... about you & the place, I like what I see so far ...
Old 08-13-04, 09:50 AM   #6
Mr.Taxi Trix

Let me say this, about that, and that would be this: Joan drives an old checker cab. Need I continue? The only danger I see is of falling in love with the dear girl, but take it in your stride, we all do. (Joan, give him a good deal... he'll get rid of those annoying dust bunnes under the couch. Hell, he'll probably get rid of the neighbor's dust bunnies. He might even get rid of the neighbor, if it's unsightly.
Kennedy is in Queens: Kennedy and Brooklyn are like ham and eggs. Or Statler and Waldorph. Long-term parking free shuttle takes you to the subway, and you're off. Taxis everywhere when you're feeling rich, or laden with presents from the west coast for your friends in the country.
Kumi will protest, but if she's anything like me (and I know I am), she'll be secretly rejoicing, and running around the appartment with no bottoms on, while you're sweating it out in the open stages, waiting for cruel fate to smile.

Last edited by Mr.Taxi Trix; 08-13-04 at 09:52 AM.
Mr.Taxi Trix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-04, 03:06 PM   #7
Joan

Default $20 to laguardia and subway to jfk

we've meet, at motion fest i guess about four years ago in baltimore, i was with the pretty good remeber? he had crutches and he got up on stage and juggled them, you told him something funny i don't really remember what you said. I had the little miniature rooster, hows that for a low profile? does this ring any bells? anyways the chicken routine is now kaput cause the chicken is m.i.a, so no pets to fear, and i don't believe in kitty litter either, so if you have a penitent for furry friends you may wanna look else where, i don't mind the occasional k-9 visit, but come its an apartment not a freaking zoo. id like to email you more about the apartment and my personal details to your address if you don't mind, i don't want evryone who posts on performers net to know that im an aggressive nudist or anything....i think youed really like the space- have to go to work- email me at; and i'll give you the skinny-joan

Last edited by Joan; 08-14-04 at 06:33 PM.
Old 08-13-04, 03:10 PM   #8
Joan

Love

carl, flattery will get you everywhere...........
Old 08-13-04, 10:25 PM   #9
Butterfly Man
Refurbished Member

Piggy whaddya say hon?

Put it to the ol' lady and she gave me a big "nicht" ... says she's at a point where she wouldn't share space with Siddhartha ... can't imagine why not after the year she's been through ... alas, it was worth a shot ... my destiny is sealed (in a bodybag on Venice Beach).
Thanks anyway for the hope ... sometimes just the outside chance of evolving keeps the maggots from biting ... sigh.