performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > BUSKING STUFF > BUSKING Q&A/GENERAL PERFORMING TOPICS

Old 08-21-04, 01:16 PM   #1
$cottbox

Send a message via ICQ to $cottbox Send a message via AIM to $cottbox Send a message via Yahoo to $cottbox
Canada My fIRST sEAsON

Well this has been my first summer for busking and I loved it,,,I feel much releifed that I finally got out to doin it,,,I busked in Toronto on Queen St. right beside Much Music,,,I busked in my city beside the Cruise Ship terminal in Saint John,,,got front page Picture in My cities largest newspaper with a 20 paragraph article about me,,I beatbox with a mic and amp and daze the crowds into silence,..people r amazed and love it...especially in Toronto where I received much love from the people,,,I have a lot more going for me now through some amazing connections I ran through along the way,,,,,,JUST WONDERING HOW WAS EVERYONE ELSE FEELIN AFTER THEIR FIRST SEASON OF BUSKING

Keep the smoke rollin!
Keep the beats pumpin!

don''t let the HEAT out the COLD
$cottbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-04, 01:10 PM   #2
Tyler

Meh, not to bad. Only been out once, I think I have a post on it here someplace. Hoping to get into the Edmonton International Street Performers Fest or the Fringe here.
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-04, 01:42 PM   #3
Woofnah

Default Where are my keys dammit!

Last year was my 1st year. It hurt. I was hoping to bring in more than I did. It really ticked me off the number of people who said "You're so good! You should get lots of money!" Then turned and left without giving me anything.

This year I'm much happier. I'm making friends, getting connections, enjoying myself and the folks I'm doing stuff with.

-Adria the not-quit-obscene
Woofnah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-04, 03:32 PM   #4
$cottbox

Send a message via ICQ to $cottbox Send a message via AIM to $cottbox Send a message via Yahoo to $cottbox

Tyler I read that thread. Don't worry brother just do what you want to do and not listen to your parents about not buskin. Your the only person in the world that knows your own realities.

Woofnah I friggin hate it when people will stay and video camera me and smile and love it and leave without givvin a brotha a little somethin somethin. Its just not fare.

Keep the smoke rollin!
Keep the beats pumpin!

Old 08-28-04, 06:52 PM   #5
Doctor Eric

"daze the crowds into silence"

Yeah, I do that, my whole show.

!?www.ericcash.com?!
Doctor Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-04, 08:02 PM   #6
$cottbox

Question

What do you do for a act Eric? Do you ever go on huge tours and stuff like that?

Keep the smoke rollin!
Keep the beats pumpin!

Old 08-28-04, 10:15 PM   #7
Doctor Eric

I wrap my leg up so that I look crippled, hold a doll in swaddling clothes, black out half my teeth, and play "Sweet Home Alabama" on the harmonica for change in subway stations.

!?www.ericcash.com?!
Old 08-29-04, 04:55 AM   #8
scot

Send a message via AIM to scot
Scot

when he drags out the broken walker and the psuedo sleeping wife he makes bills. It sounds like a bad show, but you should see his house!
Old 08-29-04, 06:40 AM   #9
Evan Young

Send a message via AIM to Evan Young

I had made a lot of progress by the end of my first season: I could get and hold a croud, the other performers started letting me into decent time slots, and I was making a lot more money on the street than I was as a cook.
then I moved to LA and realized a few things. A: I still had a lot to learn (that hasn't changed) B: The world can be a harsh place. C: Street performing is good for me now, but I don't want to do it forever. D: People suck.

ka-pow!
www.globalevan.com
www.showoffshow.com
www.evanshotme.com
Evan Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-04, 09:36 AM   #10
$cottbox

Eric that sounds like a really cool show, I'm very interested in how it starts and ends?

Evan sounds like you have some reall really cool experiences. Can you tell me maybe some of the wackiest experiences you've ever had while on a busking tour or simply while performing? And yeah. people do suck!!!

Keep the smoke rollin!
Keep the beats pumpin!

Old 08-29-04, 02:05 PM   #11
Evan Young

Send a message via AIM to Evan Young

I was performing on Venice Beach, which is a really hard pitch to work for a nice looking juggler kid like me.
One day I finally got a fun show going. It was a small audience, but they were laughing and claping. I was making as many dirty jokes and actions as possible because that's what they love on Venice Beach, and then some girl flashed me.
I was surprised. How do you top that? It made my show peak a little too early, cuz I don't have nice tits to show off.

soon after that I crashed my car, ran out of money, and had to go running home to the midwest where I cooked in my friends resteraunt and lived in my Dad's basement for three months.

Eric starts his show by taking a long, slow dump on sidewalk and making painfull faces.
I forgot how he ends it.

ka-pow!
www.globalevan.com
www.showoffshow.com
www.evanshotme.com

Last edited by Evan Young; 08-29-04 at 02:10 PM.
Evan Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-04, 03:02 PM   #12
Doctor Eric

"I forgot how he ends it."

I used to end by sodomizing Evan, but then he ripped off enough material to make decent money on the streets, so now I'm back to whatever stray animals happen to be hanging around.

!?www.ericcash.com?!
Old 08-29-04, 04:00 PM   #13
$cottbox

Its always anything to do with cars that screw your life. I got a DUI right after I finsihed my first tour. I still drive, but with no insurance. ITS A GOOD TIME. Thats how me do. I find when really hurtin shit happens to me it, it just makes me that much more determined to get things done, and go after my goals, and follow with plans. Almost makes me a better person. Oh yeah were they big lustrus boobs? Sounds like a good time and a funny show.

Eric you sound like you can make up some new material quick tho, doesn't take you long it seems.

Keep the smoke rollin!
Keep the beats pumpin!