performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > THE GREEN ROOM > BLAH, BLAH, BLAH...

Old 08-25-04, 02:54 PM   #121
Woofnah

Cool Who's not paying attention?

What I don't understand was that you said 3-4 times that you were talking about the previous BOD and he ignored you. I couldln't say anything there cuz every time I post someone gives me crap and I'm sick of it. Too much stress and conflict in my currently being messed up life as it is. [Aside: when will I stop and how will I know when it's over?]

For the record (oops, wrong site for that, eh?), I would not have a place to perform w/o the Renegade, i.e., "Midnight" stage. My shit's surreal. I'm still getting e-mails asking "where were you hiding that sign".

*sigh*

Oh for a large piece of wood with many nails sticking out of it....
Woofnah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-04, 07:58 PM   #122
Peter Voice

Default The Real thing

The following story appeared in Melb.s biggest selling daily newspaper this morning.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/com...9^2862,00.html

There is only one photo on the web but the paper published 4 more. I can't remember the buskers name but Bev knows him and I'll ask when she gets home. There may well be a lot of bother over this as it appears (especially in the other pics) that the busker is using a knuckle-duster (very illegal here), look closely at his hand.

Last edited by Peter Voice; 08-25-04 at 08:18 PM.
Peter Voice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-04, 07:09 AM   #123
Lynneski

Default Yikes!

Sparring with your audience, eh? Wow, that's gonna sting for a while. Keep us up on what's going down on St. Kilda, Peter.

And who won?
Old 08-26-04, 02:32 PM   #124
Doctor Eric

The picture is classic, very "Jason and the Argonauts".

!?www.ericcash.com?!
Doctor Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-04, 02:39 AM   #125
Butterfly Man
Refurbished Member

Embarrassed I sent this to the IJA Board of Directors @5pm

To: Martin Frost
IJA Discussion Forum Monitor

Re: Certain posts made by Greg Cohen on the IJA Discussion Forum

On Tuesday, August 24th, 2004 I had a discussion with Todd Strong concerning certain remarks and allegations made by Gregory Cohen posted on the Discussion Forum. I informed him, at that time, that it was my intention to have an attorney look into the matter.

During that same conversation, I also informed Todd of my willingness to let the whole matter drop if 1) I received an apology posted on the Discussion Forum (for myself and Renegade Juggling Co). from Greg Cohen for his allegations of blackmail and 2) had the record set straight for Greg Cohen’s slanderous accusation of The Renegade Juggling Co. threatening to withdraw their sponsorship of Club Flamingo. We agreed that Todd would convey this request to Greg Cohen.

Since that time, I have seen no such apology from Mr. Cohen forthcoming. Nor have I seen any attempt to set the record straight by anyone. Please correct me if I am wrong, as I might have missed something posted on the Discussion Forum.

Since there has been no retraction of these comments, I felt compelled to proceed with legal counsel.

In and attempt to be clear and upfront, I am attaching portions of the letter to the lawyer and the rules of the Discussion Forum that I sent along to him. They can be found following my signature at the end of this document. Please inform me of any updates, corrections or any changes to the rules as I have stated them.

As a result of my inquiry, here is what he has come up with so far:

(quote)
I don't think that “bullying” is an actionable phrase. However, many of the instances of the use of the phrase “blackmail” refer, not just to yourself, but also the Renegade Juggling Company, (i.e., the Renegades). This would create a standing issue to assert an injury to Renegade.

I suggest that you inform the IJA monitor that you feel that Greg's comments were inappropriate given the IJA’s expressed guidelines and that his or her failure to enforce the rules, by corrective post admonishing the slanderous comments, will be construed as a waiver. Thereafter, selective enforcement could have certain implications.

I think it would be more meaningful if the IJA monitor posted an admonishment to Greg stating that (1) his comments were uncalled for and unwarranted and (2) unacceptable under IJA policy and (3) no further posts from him would be accepted for a period of 30 days.

This would serve to correct injury inflicted in your peer group and would demonstrate the strength of IJA to police its own and would also remove the IJA as a potential target of any legal onslaught. Your theory would be that the IJA “published” libelous statements against its own policy and procedures and failed to take corrective action upon actual notice thereof.
(end of quote)

It is not my intent to draw the IJA itself or any board member into legal proceedings. I will leave it up to you to decide how to handle this. I just want the record set straight. If it is, you will not hear from me concerning this matter again.

Thank you for your time.

Respectfully,
Robert A. Nelson
----------------------------------------------------------------------
To the lawyer:

Per your request:

1) I personally feel I was accused of blackmail and bullying repeatedly (I was also accused of making threats to the IJA BOD)
2) I feel the Renegades (me included) were slandered by his allegation that we threatened to withhold support of the Club Flamingo award unless we got what we wanted. Their image, my image were irreparably damaged
3) I feel he had no right to cast aspersions on the BOD with allegations of favoritism either.

I emboldened what I found particularly offensive. I underlined what just angered me.

: on 8/21/04 at 02:44 GMT
Don't you mean fade to blackmail. This sounds like a threat

The BOD is no longer in a position where it has to listen to threats

You presented this in a blackmail situation, and as a threat, so I don't see why you are surprised I am dealing with it this way. I do not believe this was a word choice reading the rest of your message, this was an attempt to bully the BOD, as the Renegades have a track records of doing.

: on 8-21-04 at 20-32 GMT
Bullying is on one side (threatening to with hold support for the flamingo award this year unless the renegade stage happened is a good example. Andrew called me about this one) This latest threat is just the next step in a pattern. I'm just not afraid to call it what it is. I'm actually less mad about this one, then about the Flamingo situation. Threatening to pull sponsorship of something that is unrelated to the Renegade stage is a sign of immaturity, and demonstrates that this too is a threat and blackmail. A trend is shown.

We have Mr. Nelson on one side [who I do respect when beer is involved :-), and I hope won't hate me after this] who is probably being a poor spokesman, because until I read his post up here that was antagonistic, and that I still feel presented a blackmail situation

There is a lot of difference between what you have said which I take as a threat or blackmail, and what you seem to be trying to spin it into. Blackmail is Blackmail, Bullying is bullying.

: on 8/23/04 at 13:55 GMT

bullying still seems an option, and now misinformation can be added to the list.

: on 8/23/04 at 23:19 GMT
not going to stand by and let you try and Bully the BOD

: on 8/24/04 at 00:57 GMT
I for one will not stand by while you try and bully the BOD

Aspersions towards the IJA or Board of Directors

The Board has for years (old and new) been kissing up to the Renegades over others.

it is unprofessional for the BOD to acquiesce to this demand

: The BOD has a history of kissing up to one supplier

: If the IJA has gone into the business of subsidizing prop makers, I'm happy to take my IJA subsidy in cash

The board has behaved in the past with an uneven hand
---------------------------------------------------------

The following are the RULES of the Discussion Board

This Forum is intended as a place to discuss civilly the functioning and business of the International Jugglers' Association (IJA). It is also used by the IJA to make announcements. All other topics are inappropriate. This forum is not for discussing juggling per se but for talking about the Association.

A post may be deleted immediately if any part of it is considered inappropriate for this Forum, as determined by the IJA webmaster. Posts must conform to the rules here and are subject to editing to remove inappropriate language.

* The IJA is a family oriented organization. Obscene, profane, vulgar or abusive language is inappropriate in the IJA Discussion Forum.
* Posts must be polite and stick to issues. Posts containing insults for the purpose of insults are inappropriate.
* All postings must contain the real first and last name of the person posting. You need not include your email address, but if you do not, there will be no way for the IJA webmaster to contact you if there is a problem with your post.
* A post with a subject or text that uses excessive capital letters (e.g., all caps) is considered inappropriate.
* Note that the URL and Image URL fields available when posting a message are only for topic-related URLs and topic-related images. Putting URLs in these fields that are not related to the topic under discussion is inappropriate.
Old 08-27-04, 03:04 AM   #126
Butterfly Man
Refurbished Member

Smile I sent this one 2 hours later!

Sorry I made a mistake and sent the wrong legal advise ... please disregard previous post ... this is what I meant to send.
foolish me,

Robert

The lawyer replies:

I must confess that I had a hard time following the "threads" but if I understand correctly:

1. You have anointed yourself Ambassador to a band of Indians.
2. The Indians have plans to attack Fort Davenport.
3. Your detractor, a poor speller with some half-assed theory of phallic halves:
a. Is somewhat phobic when it comes to Indians
b. is preoccupied by someone named "BOD"
c. respects you where beer is concerned
d. wants to be in a television series named "Black Male" but has "never asked for anything"
e. is against kissing but in love "with a group"
f. wants a cash subsidy (but see d above)
g. apparently regards the phrase "IJA" as a totem of considerable power (note Indian and phallic references above)
4. Rhonda Horwedel thinks jugglers need assistance (is she from the government?)

The Indians should give back the blankets and the beads and demand return of vast areas of land.
And the mystical (and difficult to pronounce) IJA should stop promoting events that occurred months ago. And you, Mr. two scoops, should stop scaring Mr. Cohen. You always were a bully trapped in a juggler's suit.

Now, go behave like a Seminole. You know, noble, savage, partial to cheap liquor and beef jerky. And who is "Louis" Carroll anyway? And if you want to rant without fear of deletions of your posts, start blogging like everyone else. And your Mr. Cohen, a prop maker in an age of jets and
rockets, ought to study the business model for buggy whips at the turn of the century. Jeesh!

And yes, you were correct in your last post: nothing you say or do will make any difference. (That's right, just like at home). And these Indians, are they jugglers? I hazard this guess based upon your comment about not making money -- "never have-never will". Pardon my ignorance of the vernacular, but is "Tom" Renegade something like "Jim" Crow? Is that still going on out there? How can we bring it back here on the East Coast?

Trusting that I have fully and cogently analyzed this convoluted problem and provided exemplary advice and professional grade guidance, I will return to the mundane.

signed,
(a former lawyer friend who is now dead to me)

Last edited by Butterfly Man; 08-27-04 at 12:58 PM.
Butterfly Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-04, 12:34 PM   #127
Woofnah

Quote:
b. is preoccupied by someone named "BOD"
Perchance it was merely an accident. Perhaps the poor soul actually ment "Bob", as in the diminutive and familiar form of Robert (that being your most esteemable self); i.e., "Bob" (that being you as well) but with an obsessive mis-spelling compulsion?

-Adria
Woofnah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-04, 12:56 PM   #128
Butterfly Man
Refurbished Member

Question BOD=

Board of Directors

I am very proud of my bullshit legal-eze ... I made it all up myself (cuting and pasting) ... sounds almost plausible.

The funny stuff is not mine (sigh) it is from my childhood friend (now a lawyer) who used to berate me mercilessly ... you can see why I'm so fucked up.

A funny lawyer ... whodathunkit possible.
Butterfly Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-05, 07:36 PM   #129
NYSB_Craig

Hat Looks Like We Got a New One...

Extra Extra, read all about it indeed:

Airborne Dan Vs. Jester

Five bucks on Dan in 3 rounds.

(Someone had to dig this thread out)

Last edited by NYSB_Craig; 02-15-05 at 07:39 PM.
NYSB_Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-05, 01:02 AM   #130
Butterfly Man
Refurbished Member

Default Airbag vs Dustbin

I say they're both too pussy whipped to go the distance ... but I like Jester in 5.
Old 02-16-05, 03:06 AM   #131
NYSB_Craig

Default Hmmm...

I'm in Butterfly...(side bet anyone?) 6 to 1 Dan takes him with a guitar OR lawn chair to the head.
NYSB_Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-05, 03:20 AM   #132
Peter Voice

6 to 1 in a two horse race? I'm in for a couple of bucks on Jester.
Any-one who doesn't think Jesters are dangerous hasn't seen Rumpel perform for 26 hrs.
Old 02-16-05, 09:50 AM   #133
jester

Jester

Dans only chance is that the poor thing is blissfully unaware of how out of his depth he is. This will help him psychologically in a battle in which he is truly outclassed.

This makes him slightly dangerous from my point of view, as he will be unpredictable. However, his shallow wit means that even with a broken leg I should enjoy this very much.

It'll go more than 5 rounds though, because while Dan will have problems inflicting any pain, he's a fighter and will take some kicking before he is finally carried off on a stretcher by his hoards of supporters who will be paying out on stupid odds of 6 to 1 against myself.

jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-05, 11:57 AM   #134
martin ewen

Lurk

I'm backing dan, to do otherwise would be to buy into the fallacy that Jester has somehow this vast reservoir of intelligence he has yet to produce.
Sure he'd still enjoy it even with a broken leg, even with all his limbs out of order and blind he'd enjoy it because he could still hear voices and that quenches the vast emptiness that these forums and his chosen lifestyle are a means of self medication to evade.
Also far more simply, shallow wit beats none.
As far as I can tell the bouts already over, The british contestant having repeatedly kicked himself in the mouth for cheap laughs, (less than cheap, more like industrial waste, past use-by, curdled chuckles from yesteryear.)
Also Dan owes me money whereas Jester owes me my quality of life back.
martin ewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-05, 03:25 PM   #135
jester

Jester

Okay Martin. Lets analyse you from the arse up.

Your quality of life? You were a miserable introverted self pityful bastard long before you encountered myself. Okay, I've flattered you enough.

My lack of wit and cheap laughs? You get upset when I explain the jokes, which you pretend to not understand, when actually you don't like them. I'm sure you have the definitive sense of humour, but there are millions of lesser beings that they are aimed at. Your intellectual sense of humour is frequently flawed by your own self sense of genius. I have to admit, I share your sense of your genius, however, it does not make you perfect and you are still inferior to myself.

Now I'll gladly fight you when I've beaten Dan. Whatever my reasons for enjoying it are, however distasteful you find me, I will beat you hands down. You learnt most of what you know from a book called "Filosofee 4 Phuckwits!" which I recently saw in a remaindered bookstore.

So Mr Hippy Pseudo Intellectual, get a life. You obviously haven't got one cos you accuse me of stealing yours.

Last edited by jester; 02-16-05 at 03:31 PM.
Old 02-16-05, 08:23 PM   #136
Airborne Dan

Wow, is it really possible to be pussy whipped by my own right hand?

Last edited by Airborne Dan; 02-17-05 at 12:30 AM.
Airborne Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-05, 01:25 PM   #137
Magrat2005

Quote:
Originally posted by jester
I have to admit, I share your sense of your genius, however, it does not make you perfect and you are still inferior to myself.
sorry but that made me crack up

RIP
Kevin Smith
1963-2002

There will never be another God like him
Magrat2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-05, 03:31 PM   #138
jester

Ahem... Martin, I don't think you could really accuse me of going for cheap laughs. I hardly think I am in any way a populist. Come on, keep your arguments relatively coherent.