performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > THE GREEN ROOM > BLAH, BLAH, BLAH...

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-05, 07:58 AM   #381
Jim
Your Host

Love

OK. I'm going to close this thread for a little while while things seem to have cooled down.

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Voice

Perhaps it is worth closing the entire "Blah Blah Blah" section for a week or two just to bring back some perspective to the philosophies that are behind this resource. It might be good for every-one to take more than one deep breath and think about what we are doing.
I've been thinking about this for a while. As I noted earlier (when I temporarily closed this thread before) I've been disappointed with the overall tone of things around here lately. And it's not just me. I've received a couple emails from members and heard in person that people don't check in as often as they used to because the "signal-to-noise" ratio at performers.net has been off the scale over the last couple months.

I've toyed with the idea of closing Blah Blah Blah a couple days a week and seeing if we could all make an effort to participate in ACTUAL, USEFUL forums on those days. I'd like to think people could do that WITHOUT me having to do anything administratively, but I will try it if you all think it's a good idea.

I would LOVE to check in here one day and see "Today's Active Topics" be filled with less than 50% Blah Blah Blah threads. (It's called Blah Blah Blah for a reason.) And I'm sure there would be more overall participation from older members if they came by to check things out and there were a dozen active threads about PERFORMING.

What do you think? Can we all make an effort to start one NEW performing topic before the week is over? Is that too much to ask of members of the "performers.net forums"?

The Northern Hemisphere's performing season is about to kick off in a big way. What's going on in your world?