performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > BUSKING STUFF > SPECIFIC PITCHES/CITIES/COUNTRIES

Old 08-17-05, 07:27 AM   #21
Glenn Orange

Default Re: not so....

Quote:
Originally posted by circusboy90210
there are two basic tenements .... one street artist vs. city of new york selling art is first ammendment speech art does not live in a vacuum.......second congress has allready established that no laws shall be made that interfere with commerce.... so either way if it is or isn't you are protected. I'm on your side remember????
I can barely understand what your saying. Personally, I do not feel like a victinm just because my community wants me to have a permit to do what I do.
Glenn Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-05, 10:01 AM   #22
circusboy90210

Default ok let me reiterate

first ammendment does not say ability to pay to ask for permission, the permit is a way to tell you no if they whant to, and if you do consider it a business the constitution also say's that there shall be no laws made interferring with commerce. your rights are nothing to take lightly man. hundreds of thousands of people died to protect those rights. I do not take this lightly especially since it's my livelyhood that's at stake. food on my table,clothes on my back, and a roof over my headetc.... and it's not your community that ask's you to do this it's a few people in power .....
circusboy90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-05, 07:50 AM   #23
Glenn Orange

Default Re: ok let me reiterate

Quote:
Originally posted by circusboy90210
first ammendment does not say ability to pay to ask for permission, the permit is a way to tell you no if they whant to, and if you do consider it a business the constitution also say's that there shall be no laws made interferring with commerce. your rights are nothing to take lightly man.

hundreds of thousands of people died to protect those rights.

headetc.... and it's not your community that ask's you to do this it's a few people in power .....
May I suggest that before you speak about the constitution you may wish to perhaps READ IT!!?!??
The constitution says "CONGRESS shall make no laws"....
I have not been talking about federal laws. I am talking about state, city, and county laws.
In EVERY state and city, if you wanna open up a shop FOR PROFIT, you need to comply with certain laws.

No one died to protect your right to operate a tax-free business, nor did anyone die to protect your belief taht you have a right to collect revenue outside of ordinance and zoning laws.

I would say you know about as much about my community as you do constitutional law.
Glenn Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-05, 10:34 AM   #24
circusboy90210

Ass ok ...

this is not supposed to be a place to fight... but rather a place to exchange ideas and support eachother. the states county's and cities are supposed to support the constitution not eat away at it. and yes individuals are not supposed to pay taxes on their personal income and no government is not supposed to interfere with the running of commerce on a local basis. I have been performing and selling stuff all of my life and more than likely have even been to your commmunity or close to it several times. now the reality of the fact is just because it's so does not make it correct or even right. anyone should be able to sell anything to anyone anywhere , this is a free market economy , key word there "FREE". Just my $50 (two cents) worth. angel p.s. people did die for exactly these rights.
circusboy90210 is offline   Reply With Quote