performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS... > PROMO STUFF (MARKETING, MEDIA, ETC.)

Old 10-11-05, 08:47 AM   #1
Lauren Muney

Default Shameless plug: Paint your Banner?

Sorry, folks, for the shameless plug... I have some time available to offer, and I haven't been on these forums in about 4 years so I am excited to be back!

Here's the shameless plug: I paint banners for performers. I'm a performer also, so I'm not spamming the group -- and this skill came out of my own need to promo myself while onstage.

I've done these mostly for buskers and period-festival performers (old west, Renaissance, etc) but I've done them for others as well. Vendors love them also.

Anyone who needs an easily transportable, quality, hand-done work loves these.... they look quite different than your normal plastic-lettering you get at the local sign shop.

See the page http://www.snakeoilproductions.com/signs.html for more information. There are several pages of banner info... see also my promo postcard of same: http://www.snakeoilproductions.com/images/banner.GIF

(The fine print: no, I can't beat the prices of illegal immigrants, and I won't get into a bidding war about that. Another person already tried. I give a specific estimate which includes materials, labor, and hourly painting estimate. You'd just have to trust that my clients have loved what I've done and returned for more banners.

Contact me for more info... I'm always excited to talk to people!

Lauren

--------------
Lauren Muney
variety performer/ producer
[been there]

Last edited by Lauren Muney; 10-11-05 at 08:58 AM.
Lauren Muney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-05, 04:54 PM   #2
The Renaissance Man

Default Loyal Customer...

I can avouch that Lauren does outstanding work! A festival day sees me putting the banners she made for me through a bit more than the average wear and tear; and they've been up to the task every step of the way.

Lauren is a thoroughgoing professional, emminently creative and able to work with a wide variety of materials to fashion just what you may need. Hire her.

Chris
The Renaissance Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-05, 12:54 PM   #3
dave walbridge

Default Signs as marketing

I agree.

If you are the tip of the marketing pyramid; then a sign on your stage is righ below that in importance. The audience is more comfortable knowing who you are -- and they can ask for your show by name.

Get a sign. Get a nice sign.

Dave

www.bigfunshow.com
www.procomedywriting.com
dave walbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-05, 01:07 PM   #4
Lauren Muney

Default Signs as marketing II

One of the most easy (and important) ways of looking professional is to have an image and/or logo which states "you".

I once did a banner of Hilby, "The skinny German juggle boy" using that catch-phrase, a photo of him, and incorporating a design element from his brochures/business card. He looked cohesive and people definately remembered him!

What especially important about signs: even if the audience is walking past your performance area (in a busking/street performing venue, perhaps), they can EASILY SEE your name and get an idea of what you do. This is even if they don't stop long enough to listen to your act.

Sometimes your promo (including your signage) is what makes people notice you. An excellent tagline on a sign might make someone stop to watch you...

...in any case, you NEVER want to be anonymous, which you will be if you are a performer without having your act name somewhere EASILY seen.

I used to love it when someone told me, "Wow, I've heard of you...." -- even if they'd never seen my act!

I invite anyone to think about your own promo needs - if you want to increase your visibility, think about getting a banner or sign made.

Lauren

--------------
Lauren Muney
variety performer/ producer
[been there]
Lauren Muney is offline   Reply With Quote