performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS... > TOOLS OF THE TRADE

Old 11-03-05, 04:47 PM   #21
chris_protalent

Yes if you don't go on auditions, book jobs, need to follow up with contacts or keep track of expenses/income and education then you are right -- protalentPERFORMER is probably not for you.

But your feedback about the import utility is useful and is something that we are currently working on.

I really appreciate this group's constructive criticism and suggestions. As performers we want to get your input because our goal is to make something to make your lives easier.

Quote:
Originally posted by scot
I'll start by saying, I probably won't buy your package. It's not for me. I don't get gigs.

I like stretch's idea about sorting all the printed labels by zipcode. It seems like a total pain and it's required for bulk rate mail.

Import from csv, vcards, excel, ics(icalendar), and tab deliminated text files. That should do a lot of it. the importing shouldn't be much of a big deal, but the main problem comes with making it match up with your product the right way.

also, something that I see picking up in the next few years in webdav. You might want to look into it for future versions. Ical and mozilla's new calendar use it to publish and subscribe to internet calendars. I don't know it's power, but its an information sharing platform.
chris_protalent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-05, 04:50 PM   #22
chris_protalent

Default Re: Re: Re: invoices

We are going to continue to investigate the invoicing idea.

But in the meantime why not download the free trial and take a good look at the income and expenses pages and see how it can help you.

thanks.

Quote:
Originally posted by Lynneski
I'm not sure that's an adequate solution. I can easily see a situation where your actual expenses for a gig might be $40 in gas and a dozen doughnuts, but you'd bill the client for X kilometres of gig travel at $0.31 (some gas allowance plus general wear and tear, insurance, blah, blah blah) plus three meal perdiems. Your rates to invoice a client are not the same as the expenses you incurred to do the gig.

If you input the mileage and meals figure as your expenses, the program would be no good to track your actual expenses and income, and thus net (hopeful) gain.
chris_protalent is offline   Reply With Quote