performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS... > RESOURCES/EDUCATIONAL MATERIAL

Old 11-05-05, 12:23 AM   #1
Alan Clay

Default Angels Can Fly, a Modern Clown User Guide

Angels can Fly, a new book by Alan Clay, includes a mix of fiction which follows the adventures of ten clown characters, some personal clown anecdotes from clowns from around the world, a total of 50 practical clown exercises, and some theory on the nature of modern clown.

"Clown is a fascinating, diverse, complex and exciting art form, which has existed around the planet for thousands of years. Like any art form it has to evolve to stay relevant to the culture nurturing it, and at the same time, and by its very nature, clown teases and turns upside down the cultural patterns and boundaries around us."

Including anecdotes from:
Jonathon Acorn, NZ
Clown Bluey, UK
Sue Broadway, Australia
Amelia Cadwallader, Australia
Hillary Chaplain, USA
Claire Coleman, UK
Bill 'Stretch' Coleman, USA
Andrew Cory, Australia
Shobi Dobi, USA
Martin Ewen, NZ / USA
Jango Edwards, Holland
Richard Hughson, USA
Rumpel, Jester of OZ Australia
David MacMurry Smith, Canada
Kirk Marsh, USA
Johnny Melville, Scotland / Holland
Daniel Oldaker, Australia
Drew Richardson, USA

Order Angels Can Fly through Bookshops and on-line

This book is available on order through bookshops and online stores in Australia, America and England. Order your copy today. Find it on Amazon by following this link: http://tinyurl.com/9nrwj

"Dear Alan, I love your book! I purchased two copies of your book as soon as it was released through Amazon. Thank you for writing Angels Can Fly. I have already recommended it to several performers that I know and work with. It is a great source of ideas and inspiration!" Michael Getlan, Amusement Consultants Ltd, New York

Angels Can Fly DVD - Special Offer

The Angels Can Fly DVD, featuring some of the clowns from the book, is available free when you purchase the Australian Edition of the paperback direct from the publishers, Artmedia. The Australian edition is Aus$49.95 plus Aus$22 international postage or Aus$10 in Australia. This edition includes colour pictures.

To get the paperback and a free Angels Can Fly DVD, simply send a bank cheque in Australian dollars, payable Artmedia to: PO Box 152, Newtown NSW 2042, Australia.

Find more information at: http://www.alanclay.com
Alan Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-05, 02:26 PM   #2
dave walbridge

Default Good stuff

I took Alan's class at motionfest and if his writing is anywhere near as good as his teaching, I recommend this book.

- dave

www.bigfunshow.com
www.procomedywriting.com
dave walbridge is offline   Reply With Quote