performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > BUSKING STUFF > BUSKING Q&A/GENERAL PERFORMING TOPICS

Old 07-09-06, 02:23 PM   #1
Ioxunimous

Lightbulb A different final of the show!

I always heard that its a good idea to build a bit of height to the finale of the show!

Ive seen people with tall unicycles and freestandig ladders. Ive seen rola bola as well, but you just get a bit of height (i guess it depend on how big the rola bola is...) I heard of people standig on a great pole and juggling.

For now, im just juggling torches at the finale.

Here comes the problem, the transport of these things. A tall unicycle is really big, a freestandig ladder is big as well. I would need something that would be good for transport. Something that dont weight to much.

So if you have any ideas, new or old, that you would share, would be appreciated.

Thanks
Ioxunimous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-06, 07:06 PM   #2
Tyler

Modify a ladder so it comes apart perhaps.

Or do rola bola or something on top of a prop case. Or have volunteers hold you up or something. Good luck!
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-06, 08:43 PM   #3
Stretch

Default strong shoelaces and lots of

helium balloons! Or for a big fire finish . . .
use hydrogen!

http://www.stiltwalker.com/

http://www.bubbletower.com/

http://www.youtube.com/stiltpro

http://stiltpro.blogspot.com/
Stretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-06, 08:58 PM   #4
Mr.Taxi Trix

You will get bigger crowds and make more money even by just standing on top of your (vertical) case while juggling fire. Appoint a torch lifter "just in case", and speak of the danger, of your helplessness should you drop a torch.

Standing on the case, torches lit, talking about danger and precautions, brings them in better than the juggling could hope to. Got a soft shell prop case? Easy height can be created by modifying a speaker stand with a piece of plywood mounted to a pipe flange. Keep the plywood as small as you can stand.

Feel free to err on the side of candor. Tell your crowds that you are afraid of heights, or that you hate lugging this stand around, but heard that being up higher makes for bigger tips.

Good luck.
Mr.Taxi Trix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-06, 12:34 PM   #5
Butterfly Man
Refurbished Member

Butterfly am I high?

I was always jealous of performers that used members of the crowd (usually big tall males) to elevate themselves onto shoulders/ropes/poles ... the key here is to realize that once a member of the audience "volunteers", the show becomes more about them than you.
Old 07-13-06, 09:51 AM   #6
Ioxunimous

Default speaker stand

I found the speakerstand idea very intresting. I checked around here in my local musicstore, and surfed around a bit on the internet. It seems hard to find a stand that have the max weight around 80 kg.

I found one speaker stand that have the max weight 90 kg, but it weights around 20 kg. Its a bit much for transport.

Butterfly Man:

Your tip is great! I really like to use people from the audience. I changed my finale a bit so im walking over one volunteer and juggling the torches. It works a bit better, at least for now
Ioxunimous is offline   Reply With Quote