performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > THE GREEN ROOM > BLAH, BLAH, BLAH...

Old 12-10-06, 11:18 PM   #1
FreeCells

Default A Call For Votes (CPS members)

This is a call for votes from CPS members.

As a new crafter on Mallory Square one and a half years ago I was given the opportunity to make something of my craft. I have set up my "Name On A Shell" stand every night minus a few rainy nights, hurricanes, and a couple shows.
I am a very positive person that likes to help out with anything I am able to. After the hurricanes, I was happy to donate days to landscape Mallory. The digging, planting, lifting trees, moving dirt, and working together was a wonderful experience for me as it grew more friendships. I had the privilege to be a member of the jury committee this year helping others to get accepted to sell their crafts on Mallory also (I have learned our guidelines donating my time to this job). And a couple times this past year I was able to donate signs to direct traffic to our booths for events like the sail fish competition where we were out of sight behind the big tent.
As a board member I plan to continue to give my help to strengthen the awesome celebration we already have. I hear many members tell me they are unhappy with the way things have turned out on Mallory Square, and also many who say they really don't care what goes on as long as they can set up, make money, and go home. Well, I am one that does care. Mallory has helped me make something of my craft, now I have a chance to give something back. I am the type of person who will stand up for what is right. We have rules and guidelines that need to be upheld in order for our organization to continue to run smoothly and I plan not to budge from them. Our rules and guidelines are not meant to be broken simply because someone gets a "great idea" and doesn't have the time to bring it to a vote. That just costs us money and brings more angry members to our celebration the next day. I am the type of person that will speak up if I see something that is about to take place that should'nt. I am also the type of person that will listen to the people and not just do things regardless of what happens.
We have a great thing going here at Mallory. We need a strong board who will fine tune the rough edges. Now is not the time to spend more money to grow larger when we don't have the money to spend! We are one of the largest sunset celebrations internationally known already... we just need to fine tune what we got and save our money for awhile. We need to be thinking about bringing our organization together and working all for the same purpose before running off spending what little money we finally got saved just to try and grow larger. If we start to grow larger with a big mess we will just get a bigger mess. If we get organized first then grow we will grow into a bigger and better organization. I will help fine tune and get the celebration organized so everyone at Mallory will see a better future. Thanks for your time.
Have a great day!
Myles Hup

Vote Here: http://www.sunsetcelebration.org/mem...on06/index.htm

Heres Me http://www.SouthernShells.com

Last edited by FreeCells; 12-10-06 at 11:22 PM.
FreeCells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-06, 06:43 AM   #2
The Amazing Beaumanz

mILES, i'M BEHIND YOU 100%, Sharon is also. We will cast our votes today.
Old 12-11-06, 08:50 AM   #3
FreeCells

Wink

Thank you very much! Your vote is much appreciated.
I heard you got married!!! If it's true, Congradulations! I know you two will have an awesome life together. Your both awesome people in my book! If not, rumors fly faster than birds around here lol... But you guys are still awesome anyways. Thanks again!
If we be rude to those who are rude to us it just costs us money. Others will see our rudeness and not come back, nor will they bring others to our show the next year. If we are rude all year we are setting ourself up for a slow next year and a slower following year. If we are rude to one person, 10 others will feel the effect. Plan for a better future. If you went to see someones show and the performer dogged you hard would you ever come back to the show? Would you bring your family or friends to see it next year? If you are nice to those who are rude to you it will burn them up more than if you jumped into their game with them, and others who see it will tip more... I would

Last edited by FreeCells; 12-11-06 at 07:05 PM.
Old 12-14-06, 12:52 PM   #4
FreeCells

Thank You for all your votes. In Alphabetical order, the new C.P.S. board members for Mallory Square for 2007 are:

David Van Hulst -Artist
Joanne Hasman -T-shirts
Michel Delgado -Artist/T shirts
Myles Hup -Names On Shells
Ryan Stimers -Twisted Wire Art
Sharona Setlock -T -shirts
Wendell Winko -Palm Weaving/Jewelry
If we be rude to those who are rude to us it just costs us money. Others will see our rudeness and not come back, nor will they bring others to our show the next year. If we are rude all year we are setting ourself up for a slow next year and a slower following year. If we are rude to one person, 10 others will feel the effect. Plan for a better future. If you went to see someones show and the performer dogged you hard would you ever come back to the show? Would you bring your family or friends to see it next year? If you are nice to those who are rude to you it will burn them up more than if you jumped into their game with them, and others who see it will tip more... I would

Last edited by FreeCells; 12-14-06 at 01:38 PM.
Old 12-14-06, 01:21 PM   #5
The Amazing Beaumanz

Default not yet

Not yet married, but I popped the question (THANKS!!!). We set the date for Memorial weekend May 26th at Pier 60 during sunset and immediately following I am going to do a show.

We'll see ya soon.

Dallas
Old 12-14-06, 01:34 PM   #6
FreeCells

WoW! May 26th is the day before my birthday. I guess I won't have a problem remembering your anniversary lol.
Old 12-15-06, 06:20 AM   #7
FreeCells

Here are the minutes from the General Membership and first Board Meeting:

http://www.twistedanimals.com/pc/min...6/12-13-06.htm

http://www.twistedanimals.com/pc/min...s/12-13-06.htm

Last edited by FreeCells; 12-15-06 at 06:23 AM.