performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > THE GREEN ROOM > BLAH, BLAH, BLAH...

Old 02-18-07, 04:46 PM   #81
le pire

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Taxi Trix
Which begs the questions, what the hell would we post about Jim, and where the hell could we post it (unless he's paid the hosting bills in advance)?
Maybe he'll appoint a successor.
le pire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-07, 07:42 PM   #82
Mr.Taxi Trix

Where have you been, mister start an interesting explosion and walk? I nominate Rumple as succesor in chief, and may Jim lead a long, healthy life.
Mr.Taxi Trix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-07, 03:36 AM   #83
le pire

Hey Taxi,

I made a few comments since I started all of this but then others like yourself echoed what I felt and I didn't want to just post shout outs.

I was really in agreement with the "false reverence" and found Pablo to be particularly insincere about his "sentiment" when he followed up with comments like 'I hope ANS is waiting for me in the afterworld.'

This was blatant objectification of women (or in this case a corpse) and then to have Pixiejester throw down the sexism card in defense of this freak was downright stupid.

The whole argument of the Pixie and Jester seemed to be centered around an anarchic "freedom to post whatever wherever" instead of actually addressing the issue. They never acknowledged that nothing was censored (as they were claiming), merely put in its' proper place. The British, if anyone, should appreciate organisation.

The thing that got me was the insincerity of mourning when it was just someone gawking at train wreck. The tragic death of Steve Irwin, although he was not a street performer, moved many people including myself and those sentiments were posted. It's that sentiment that makes his obit valid.

The death of ANS did not have the same effect. In fact, the media took gleeful delight at watching her slowly destroy herself over the years through drug use and lifestyle. I found the whole thing to be a vulgar.

I would never wish for any of us to be remembered in such a way and I highly value our community, disfunctional as we may be. As
Eric stated, I too have friends in Curtain Calls and I do not want their lives and accomplishments (trivial as they may be to the outside) to be diminished by the necro-voyeurism of ANS.

I'm glad this issue is resolved and am grateful to Jim for how he handled it. Thanks Jim.

etienne

p.s. I am not looking forward to reading Butterfly's obit. I'm looking forward to more of his stories and wisdom.
le pire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-07, 06:21 AM   #84
Peter Voice

To quote Taxi "Bravo"
Old 02-19-07, 06:57 AM   #85
pixiejester

etienne, I never threw down the sexism card. I asked some questions, that was one of them, and other people then talked about it, go read the posts. Okay. I asked it, other people commented on it.
pixiejester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-07, 08:37 AM   #86
Mr.Taxi Trix

Fair enough, Ertienne. Posts like that were what was missing for me. Tuba playing yahoo.
Mr.Taxi Trix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-07, 12:24 PM   #87
Rachel Peters

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim
that includes you Rachel Peters.
YEssssss. I've never felt so... what's the opposite of "rejected"?
This feeling is elating, yet foreign to me.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Taxi Trix
and in my judgemental judgement, you do qualify for "Has Anybody Seen".
I'm sorry, but I've got bathtub caulking drying here that needs my 24 hour surveillance. There's just nothing I can do about that.

PS: I now pronounce the "L" in "caulking" so that I can say the word without blushing. Learning how to spell it correctly has helped me a great deal.

www.rachelpeters.com
Rachel Peters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-07, 04:03 PM   #88
jester

Quote:
Originally posted by le pire

....merely put in its' proper place. The British, if anyone, should appreciate organisation.

Well I'm playing the nationalist card. We Brits have a fine tradition or organised anarchy. Our anarchists are far better organised than anybody, and I should know because I was recently elected chair of the governing body of the anarchist society....

Yeah, ok. It wasn't censorship. I can live with it being in Blah de Blah....

jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-07, 04:07 PM   #89
jester

Jester

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Taxi Trix
Fair enough, Ertienne. Posts like that were what was missing for me. Tuba playing yahoo.
Its not a tuba its a Euphonium you phoney. Euphoniums are even funnier than tubas.

Can we have this moved to the Not nearly drivell enough to be in blah de blah thread please. Some of my best friends have written some real drivell in here (I am most of my best friends) and I would hate to see their efforts diluted by what is frankly turning into a lucid, sensible debate...

jester is offline   Reply With Quote