performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > CONTACT PEOPLE / ANNOUNCEMENTS / HOUSING > HOUSING

Old 02-25-07, 01:34 PM   #1
Isabella

Default Seeking housing in ATLANTA April 25-May7

Hi there - we're going to be performing at the Georgia Renaissance Festival and looking for housing for about 14 days in the middle of the run (we're doing 2 weekends of commuting and will do hotel for those).

3 girls, tidy, non-smokers. Willing to split up if needed. Able to pay rent or trade partner acro, fire-eating, sewing/costume design, cooking, cleaning, copywriting, gig-booking, painting. Can provide references and deposit.

PM me here or call me - 727-492-3473.

Thanks!

Allison Williams
Aerial Angels
Isabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-07, 04:41 PM   #2
Irina

Atlanta has really nice hostel on Ponce de Leon, it's usually pretty empty, and if you want a private room - they give you weekly rate. You can google their #.
Irina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-07, 04:52 PM   #3
Isabella

Default Thanks :)

Thanks for the advice - problem is that with multiple people, hostels aren't a fab deal anymore - I can get the Motel 6 for $30/night for a room with four people in it, and the hostel is $21.95 per person, so it mounts up pretty quickly. Thanks, though!

Allison
Old 03-30-07, 08:12 PM   #4
Irina

hey, craigslist Atlanta-sublets, post your own ad in housing wanted too...Little 5 points/ Inmam Park/Candler Park/Virginia-Highland - are the best places to be, all the alternative nightlife is around there, Buckhead - mainstream bars and dance-clubs, you may do something on the street there on weekends too...

How many people do you have and how far from downtown are you willing to go? I can try to make some calls.
Old 03-31-07, 08:22 AM   #5
fettucinibrother

Default possible housing lead...

Here is the link to the Atlanta Juggler's Association group forum. You may be able to post something there to try and find housing. Good Luck...
Steve

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JUGGLI...?yguid=9883284
Old 03-31-07, 06:59 PM   #6
Isabella

Default Housing hunt continues...

Thanks, I'll post to the juggler's group!

Irina - three girls, tidy non-smokers, can split up. We can be far from downtown - we're working in Fairburn, so downtown's not all that close for us anyway!

I'll put a post on CL, too - thanks!

Allison
Old 03-31-07, 08:52 PM   #7
Irina

People I know are pretty far away from there - on the other side of the metropolis. I checked craigslists atlanta for housing and put Fairburn as a search creteria - there are about 20 ads for rooms in this area. I will be in Atlanta next Friday, if you want - send me text or (if you know how) the layout for an ad - I can put it up in coffee shops.
Another thought - did you ever tried extended stay hotels? They have weekly rates, usually 200$ a week, and it's a studio with a kitchen - kinda like a flat, and they are way safer then motels - no hookers or crackheads...
Old 04-03-07, 11:01 AM   #8
Isabella

Default Found!

I found housing through Craigslist - Irina, thanks so much for all your help and suggestions!

Allison
Old 04-03-07, 04:53 PM   #9
Irina

Love

Right on! Craigslist rules - I find all I need on craigslist on the road - housing, house/pet -sitting situations, assistants for hire, ride-shares etc etc. We should make a little prayer for the craigslist - these guys are awesome, they really help so many people! Just make sure you never wire any $$ in advance - there are scam-artists on craigslist. Sending a check is OK - you can always stop paying on it if it turns out to be a scam...But I usually just pay cash on arrival, and my hosts meet me in the airport - hey, they want to make sure I stay with them and they get paid.. Hope you enjoy your stay in Atlanta - it's a really cool city, if you need any advice on night-life - let me know...Dress light - it's gonna be hot and humid in late may! Jah bless and good luck.