performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > GENERAL FORUM INFORMATION > USERS GUIDE / SUGGESTIONS / FORUM FAQ

Old 12-28-06, 10:00 AM   #1
Irina

Default How can we attach pictures?

I can't figure out how to attach a picture to the msg or profile. How do we do that?
Irina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-06, 05:11 PM   #2
Jim
Your Host

Under the message box where you type your message, there is a button labeled "Attach File" to post an image in your message.

Or you can link to a photo on the web and have it displayed within the message. This is explained here:
http://www.performers.net/forums/mis...&action=bbcode

Scroll down to "Adding Images" on that page.

To add an AVATAR under your username, go to your USER/CP >> EDIT OPTIONS and scroll down to the AVATAR section where you can upload an avatar.
Old 04-03-07, 04:55 PM   #3
Irina

I looked at it - and it is way too complicated....For non-HTML-people it's impossible. Why can't you use some technologu fron my space to make ot easy for internet idiots? Just drop-and-drag?
Old 04-04-07, 03:27 AM   #4
gav

Come on, if you can turn on your computer and use a web browser, then surely you can press 'choose file' and select an image off your computer.
I bet it's even easier than deciding what to wear in the morning.
gav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-07, 04:22 AM   #5
Doctor Eric

Quote:
Why can't you use some technologu fron my space to make ot easy for internet idiots? Just drop-and-drag?
Why can't you build an artificial intelligenge out of half-eaten buffalo wings and possum traps?

CUZ IT'S !@#?ING HARD!

!?www.ericcash.com?!
Doctor Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-07, 08:25 AM   #6
Mr.Taxi Trix

I think that's overstating it a bit, I've built reams of artificial intelligence out of possum traps, chicken wing remnants, and far more rudimentary ingredients before breakfast on several occasions.

To answer your question from a different thread Irina, I am certain to squander it in some vague attempt to get a grin.
Mr.Taxi Trix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-07, 08:54 AM   #7
Rachel Peters

Quote:
Originally posted by gav
I bet it's even easier than deciding what to wear in the morning.
I've given up trying to decide what to wear in the morning. That's why I got the tutu. I threw everything else out.

except for my squirrel pelt coat. it's sentimental. ...but I still need to figure out that "one arm at a time" thing. I haven't been able to wear it yet.

...you know, the fact that I'm making words on the computer is entirely by chance. I've just been bashing the keyboard with my face all this time, hoping -like a million monkeys at a million type writers- that the laws chance would eventually prevail.

ahzidsbjud90--fς?gdfb,'';
;

www.rachelpeters.com

Last edited by Rachel Peters; 04-04-07 at 08:59 AM.
Rachel Peters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-07, 09:23 AM   #8
pixiejester

Default getting back on topic...

Irina, I'll explain Jim's link for you.

If you get an account with a photo hosting site - like photobucket, that's free - upload the picture you want to post.
I use photobucket, so I'm going by what that gives you.
Photobucket gives you three ways to post a picture, they are a URL link, HTML tag, IMG code.
It doesn't matter what photo hosting server you use, you'll want whatever one starts with http. In photobucket, that would be the URL link.
You come here write you post, then when it comes to putting in your picture, you copy that http address, paste it between [img} and [/img} and it should appear when you submit that post.

Though your post was written last year, you might have sorted it already, so hopefully that'll help anyone else who didn't understand.

Last edited by pixiejester; 04-04-07 at 10:18 AM.
pixiejester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-07, 09:55 AM   #9
Jim
Your Host

It doesn't get any easier than this...

Put the img tag around the URL of a photo and the photo will appear in the post.

Example:
{img} ...url of photo... {/img}

BUT REPLACE curly brackets "{" with straight brackets "[" when you actually do it.

Old 04-04-07, 10:12 AM   #10
Irina

Still too complicated! Anything other then "Attach pictures-browse-open- set as default" is too much artificial intelligence for me! I am a busker, not a programmer, I really do not like to overload my brain....Make it simple, folks! This forum is great for talking, but it's not enough visuals for my liking, that's why I made a suggestion about linking it to myspace - lottsa visuals there, and really easy to make it happen! And how do we attach music? It would be really great to be able to hear the street musicians and see how they look - I am always on a lookout for the good street bands for festivals, and I love buying their CDs to support street music - and every band is on myspace nowadays!
Old 04-04-07, 12:01 PM   #11
Jim
Your Host

Bunny

Irina,

Your web site proudly states that you built it yourself. If you can do that, you can certainly link images on this forum.

And I personally prefer the lack of visuals on this site. Myspace is an assault to the senses. I don't go there, ever.
Old 04-04-07, 02:30 PM   #12
Lynneski

That's a big 10-4, Jim. NO way do I want the visual and verbal assault of that kind of clutter. That stoopid beatbox sig a while back was quite enough for me.

(And yes, I am over 40. Why do you ask?)

I have the option of clicking on your website link at the bottom of your post if I want to see or hear you. You have the option of providing said link or not. That's enough.

I'm not even crazy about folks using avatars - how's *that* for dinosaurish. Except Jim. Jim can squish my head any day. (That is what you're doing in your pic, isn't it?)

Last edited by Lynneski; 04-04-07 at 02:32 PM.
Lynneski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-07, 05:42 PM   #13
Irina

Hey, I used PageMill to make a site - it's all drop and drag...But I see your point - you want to keep it verbal/mental, that's cool. I personally love visuals - but they will slow down the connection...
I do feel a need for the "virtual buskerfest" - I'd love to sit down in front of the screen and check out the street performing scene in different cities and festivals, and there are people who really love street performers - and are wealthy enough to make an online donation...cyber-hat, kinda. Hey, it's just an idea...Check out StevePavlina.com