performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > THE GREEN ROOM > BLAH, BLAH, BLAH...

Old 03-14-01, 07:18 PM   #21
Keith Eveslage

"Seven days? Doohhh, but I'm Mad NOW!" --Homer Simpson.

"...the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" is only the second half of the second amendment. The oft ignored first half of the sentence reads: "A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state..."

A regulation is not an infrinegment.

Are Montana's "Freemen" a militia? Are they well-regulated? Depends upon who you ask.

What about Columbine's "Trench-coat Mafia?"
absolutely not.
Old 03-15-01, 11:01 AM   #22
Vantage

Send a message via ICQ to Vantage
"And any dim wit who believes that by carrying a hand gun he can help make the world a better place can fight to the death to defend my right to call him a moron if he wants."

Statisticaly, children who have LEGAL ownership of guns are 1% less likley to be involved in gun related accidents than those that hove NO access to guns. They are 20% less likley than children who have obtained illegal ownership of a gun.
Those with access to guns also 10% less likely than those without access to guns and 60% less likely than those with access to illegal guns.

------------------
James Ashton
http://www.entertainfla.com
Old 03-15-01, 02:17 PM   #23
young raoul

Everybody who wants can drive a motor car?!
Wonderful! I'm off to pick up Ratty!

Toad of Toad Hall
young raoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-01, 02:46 PM   #24
Vantage

Yes, But can you drive more than one motor car at once???
Thats the trick.
I myself can drive 4. Plus juggle 5 clubs and fart fire. All at the same time.
Old 03-15-01, 06:08 PM   #25
jester

Clown

statisticly children in countries like Britain are 1,000 (one thousand) times less likely to be involved in gun accidents than children who live in the united states.

Vantage you are talking utter crap.

jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-01, 07:46 PM   #26
Vantage

Yes well,
Thats your opinion, and as I said before you are entitled to it.
I just quote published facts. I didn't do the studies. Some company in Canada did and it was then backed up by another organization that is based in the mid west. Complain to them if there studies disagree with you. I agree with them. Thats my opinion.
I try not to utter crap. It tastes nasty.
Old 03-18-01, 05:44 AM   #27
jester

Clown

It's not just an opinion, it's a fact.

Let me run it by you once again as you seem to have missed the point:

Children in countries where there is very strict gun control (such as UK) are 1,000 times less likely to be involved in a gun accident than children who live in countries with liberal gun laws (such as the US).

The figures vary from year to year as a mere one of two isolated incidents in this country can make a significant impression on them.

Your statistics apply only in a country with liberal gun laws.

It is also a proven fact that if you took all of the guns off ordinary citzens but only allowed criminals and policepeople to carry them there would be significantly less injury and death by gun.

I worry about crime here in the UK, I have been victim to burglury and innocent bystander of an arson attack but the most significant cost to my personal safety and well being had nothing to do with criminals. Some idiot left a shotgun in the house of a dear friend who was depressed.

My friend often suffered short bouts of depression but in general her quality of life was very good. Sadly she didn't see it like that when she was depressed.

She took over 11 hours to die of her self inflicted wounds to the head. I stood with her children watching them wait for the inevitable.

Her depressions began when a friend of hers let off a shotgun through her kitchen window twenty years previously. This hospitalised and mutilated several members of her family.

Her friend was not a criminal. He should never have been allowed to have a gun.

Ironicly her brother in law loves guns. He was a member of a notorious gun club, from which Micheal Ryan deluded himself he was Rambo - and went around the town of Hungerford killing many people in the 1980's.

Her brother in law would enjoy wearing his pistol on his belt to and from the gun club, and would strut like a cowboy to and from his car with his hand openly hovering above the holster so he could pretend he was Chuck Norris.

He would stop at several filling stations to show off to and from the gun club.

He is no longer allowed to do this under British Law.

I feel rather good about that.

As the son of an accomplished serviceman I have seen, fired and learned about many guns of many sizes. I have spoken to many people who have used them in practice and on the battlefeild. I know that guns belong in the armoury ready to defend the free world. Not on hips of misguided people.

You are not misguided. You are trying to find facts to support your beleifs but will probably never change your beleifs no matter how many facts or figures point to the fact that you shouldn't really be allowed to carry a gun.

If I thought carrying a gun would make the world a better place I would carry one.

I do like the idea of you owning a gun, storing it in a licensed armoury and practicing your sport on those premises on a regular basis.

But the idea of you being allowed to walk around in public with your gun is prepostorous. The idea of my being allowed to walk around with a gun is dumb.

Shit happens.

Old 04-03-01, 04:15 PM   #28
jester

Clown

Hi.

I am your neighbour and my name is George. One of my photographers just fell into your garden and has accidently killed one of your family. We are getting a bit impatient with you because you won't let him out and you won't return the weapon.

I hope you don't expect an apology.

Old 04-13-01, 10:37 AM   #29
scot

Send a message via AIM to scot
Clown

You say you want to know how to end the Republican party and I say, "y?"

------------------
The Lonnie Anderson of juggling,
Scot Nery