performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS... > PROMO STUFF (MARKETING, MEDIA, ETC.)

Old 12-08-07, 03:37 PM   #1
giant kid

Default merch to sell with show

I was courious if anyone knows if it would be a good idea to try to sell custom decals along with my show? would that take away from my tips? would people even really care for something like that? they are all random and don't have to much to do with what im doing but i figure it might be a good place to try and sell some, seeing as i will already have a crowd around and paying attention to me.
Old 12-10-07, 02:52 AM   #2
Evan Young

Send a message via AIM to Evan Young

I think that you will be spliting your branding or image if you hawk stuff that has nothing to do with your show.
see if you can somehow make the decals part of your show. not only would it make for some original bits in the show, it would make the decals part of the show experience and thus make them more desirable to the fans. The trick is to do it in a way that seems genuine, and not like product placement.

you will run into problems in some places where they won't let you sell stuff without a retail license.

ka-pow!
www.globalevan.com
www.showoffshow.com
www.evanshotme.com
Evan Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-07, 08:02 PM   #3
Mr.Taxi Trix

You can do fine with that, and Evan is right, its worth making them tie in with what you do, or having custom ones printed. I had a good friend do better selling dvd's after giving one away during the show to a volunteer. Also, if you can't "sell", you can always pass the hat, and as a "thank you" to the people who donate more than three bucks, the decal is a "special gift". It works like a charm.
Mr.Taxi Trix is offline   Reply With Quote