performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > THE GREEN ROOM > BLAH, BLAH, BLAH...

Old 03-16-07, 03:11 PM   #321
gav

Yeah ladies leave the seat up, if you want us guys to leave it down. fares fair.

ps. I think Peter went a bit overboard in dissn' pixie.

We can all rant about what ever we like.
I mean for fucks sake Peter was ranting about pixies' inability to cope with other people whilst the idiot George (the shrub) is trashing the Middle East to hide his trashing of the States, England is choking in in it's own filth and Australia is violating every principle of honesty and decency.

When will it all end ?

I seriously think at this point in winter/summer we're all dangerously close o traveling too far up our own asses, or is that arses ? or ass's or asss'.
I have no idea.
gav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-07, 07:16 AM   #322
Peter Voice

Assii?
Old 03-18-07, 01:31 AM   #323
Butterfly Man
Refurbished Member

Ass Francis of ...

I'm losing weight. I'm not eating much lately. What's the use? I got one foot in the grave anyway, so why bother? Why waste food?

Everything is such a hassle so why put out any more effort? It's all such a pain in the ass.

What's the use? I'm too wrapped up in myself. I'm obsessed with my struggling, and frankly, I'm not really all that interesting anymore since Iíve gotten old. So why bother?

Before I knew it, time had ripped by and all of a sudden I had one foot in the grave. I was getting closer to the curtain. Stalking the edge of darkness. Moving toward the quiet place. A place where you can hear the eternal silence and you foolishly think, "I just might get some sleep here after all."

This? This is all too much. Too noisy. Too annoying. All these crazy relationships with all these crazy people and what for? It's all such an effort and then we die anyway, so what's the point? I don't get it. I'm just so tired and irritated, and I've got one foot in the grave anyway, so why bother?

It's not like I haven't tried. I've tried it all. I've meditated, chanted, prayed, cried, wrote in my journal, lit candles, incense, did primal screams, walked in the woods, sat by the ocean, drank, did drugs Ö lots of drugs. You name it, I tried it Ö and it all still sucks. At the end, after all is said and done, I always still find myself in the toiling angst of me.

I tried. I tried to get away and find happiness. I looked, believe me I looked, but it was like someone was always blocking my view. No matter how I moved to try and catch a look at what's possible in life someone moved in front of me. I lean this way, they lean this way. I lean that way, they lean that way. I never saw that light at the end of the tunnel. All I could see was just hair with ears sticking out.

Finally, I got so desperate I grabbed the son of a bitch by the shoulders and spin them around to give the jerk a piece of my mind, and it's me. Yeah, me! I keep trying to get a peak at life and all I can see is the back of my own head. All this time, it's me. I'm in my own way. I'm the one stopping me. Who needs that?

I've been assessing everything in my life. Going over all the details. Auditing everything and I'm coming up with more debits than credits. Emotionally, I'm deep in the red.

Maybe I should just step across the line and into the abyss. I mean, I already have one foot in the grave. Right?

I don't know how I'd do it, either. I mean, how do ya do it? I want it fast and painless, so slashing wrists or jumping off something is out of the question. Forget those.

Hanging? Uh... not reliable and you really look stupid when they find you. Not a flattering position to be in even when you're successful.

Guns? Bullet... where? Heart? Head? Where on the head? Temple? Forehead? Mouth? What a mess.

Pills. Definitely pills. You can put on some soothing music, low lighting, and lay down. First you get very stoned, then very sleepy, and then you choke on your own vomit.

Naw... I don't know.

Besides, I'd have to leave a note, right? Ya gotta say something; otherwise it's an act of aggression against all the people you leave behind. That seems mighty petty.

So what do I write? Something poetic and enigmatic, something to make people think I was a great person? Funny?

What the hell do I write? My life's story? A post-it? What? How personal are ya supposed to get?

No, it's too much pressure. Just when I'm looking to get out from under pressure, that's when I'm expected to write an articulate essay that expresses my inner condition? Right...

It's too much trouble. Forget it! Why put out the effort? Sit back, relax. It's coming. No matter what, you can't stop it.

Besides, I have one foot in the grave.

So, why bother?

Last edited by Butterfly Man; 03-18-07 at 01:48 AM.
Butterfly Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-07, 11:06 AM   #324
scot

Send a message via AIM to scot

re:Robert
Old 03-18-07, 12:09 PM   #325
Rachel Peters

If you die, I swear I will KILL you!!

www.rachelpeters.com
Rachel Peters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-07, 12:27 PM   #326
Butterfly Man
Refurbished Member

Scot and you thought that was a bug on my head ...

Personally, I like to think of myself as more of a spirochete.

Gazzo, now that's bacteria!
Old 03-18-07, 06:38 PM   #327
Mr.Taxi Trix

Default Re: Francis of ...

Quote:
Originally posted by Butterfly Man
All I could see was just hair with ears sticking out.

Better then seeing ears with hair sticking out.
Mr.Taxi Trix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-07, 12:10 PM   #328
Butterfly Man
Refurbished Member

Thumbs Up the sound of one hand clapping ...

Kumi says this needs more work before I post it

Last edited by Butterfly Man; 03-21-07 at 12:21 PM.
Butterfly Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-07, 02:21 PM   #329
pixiejester

What the hell has comic relief done with this years song? Last year, or whenever it was, they had Peter Kay and Tony Christie's "Is This The Way To Amarillo" they have Girls Aloud vs Sugababes in what can only be described as the worst cover I have ever heard, and I have heard many. Now the other song, The Proclaimers "I'm Gonna Be 500 Miles" featuring the guys from Little Britian, now that is a brillant song which should have been the main comic relief song, not that tacky remake of a very good song.
I hate it when other people or groups ruin a perfectly good song.
pixiejester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-07, 04:30 PM   #330
Rachel Peters

Thumbs down ow

shooty shoot shoot.
i just had to quit my job due to serious tendonitis.
i spent the last two months telling myself i was just being a baby. stupid move.
...wake up call. my hands are my career.
i shouldn't be typing now.

www.rachelpeters.com

Last edited by Rachel Peters; 08-03-07 at 05:45 PM.
Old 09-08-07, 04:36 PM   #331
Rachel Peters

Default Irony is one cruel son-of-a-biskuit box!

While recovering from having almost lost the use of my hands...
I fell asleep in my office two nights ago and woke up in the morning, trying to open the window (actually was opening the window before fully conscious) ... Slipped up and used unusual force, PEGGING my OPEN eyeball with the corner of the shutters. I keep thinking I have a head ache, but it's likely a mildly swollen eyeball.

Dang.

At least if I become a blind, handless artist I could have a sympathetic angle to publicize and market. ...it could work.

www.rachelpeters.com

Last edited by Rachel Peters; 09-08-07 at 05:35 PM.
Old 12-31-07, 01:56 AM   #332
Evan Young

Send a message via AIM to Evan Young
Default video

how come people only video me on shows when i suck. if you look on youtube you can find a vid of me doing a street show at six flags. it was the first day of the season, and the audiences were annoying teenagers, and I was rusty on my show and I sucked; and that was put up on youtube by some teen who thought it was cool anyway. I did a couple dozen really great shows at that park over my 12 day contract, and none of those shows made it to the internet.
and then this weekend. I had a great day where I did five or six shows, most of which were pretty good, and a couple were really great. The one that was caught on video and placed on youtube was the last show of the day, and I so exhausted i couldn't remember the names of my volunteers, or put out any energy, and I really kind of just wanted to get to the end without making any seriously bad judgement calls. The guy who posted the vid thinks I'm awesome, but I wish he had seen one of the shows I actually was awesome in.
and when i specifically arrange for someone to come and video my show, the crowds suck, or I suck.... and when they don't suck and I'm hitting my stride my video friends are never there......

and I hate the promo vid I put together and never use.

ka-pow!
www.globalevan.com
www.showoffshow.com
www.evanshotme.com
Evan Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-08, 11:24 AM   #333
Evan Young

Send a message via AIM to Evan Young

finally got video on a huge crowd day when I was doing well. Full circle audience all laughing and everything. vid camera got jacked out of my car along with all the show tapes a couple days ago.
F!

ka-pow!
www.globalevan.com
www.showoffshow.com
www.evanshotme.com
Evan Young is offline   Reply With Quote