performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > BUSKING STUFF > SPECIFIC PITCHES/CITIES/COUNTRIES

Old 09-16-08, 10:25 AM   #1
jeep caillouet

Default Key West

Well the city is trying to run the street performers off again!They are to have a first reading tonight about changes in our license. Basically they want to increase our fee from $1oo to $250 a year. That said and done they want us to go over there some where else where there is no one ,not even car traffic.We can work there all we want.No one will be allowed to work in the historic district of old town,that is the Duval St. area and side streets where the tourist are. Can some of you refresh my memory about case law on some of these issues. We could use all the help we can get.
Old 09-17-08, 11:29 AM   #2
jeep caillouet

Default tabled

Last night at the city commission meeting the issue of street performing on Duval and the price of the license was tabled! This was due to a strong turn out of street performers and strong presentations and objections why this shouldn't happen.They basically hurled pea shooters at us and we hurled cannons back at them. They backed down, at least for the time being. Thanks to all the street performers that turned out and stopped this nonsense .
Old 09-17-08, 08:09 PM   #3
toddvarious

Default what is the efin story man

why is it that every time the city of key west starts to sturr the pot jeep is the only man to stand up before the others? I would like to know what the city is tryng to do with the performers and how this will effect performers that will be there as of the new year.
toddvarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-08, 02:24 PM   #4
jeep caillouet

Default relax

Come on down they weathers fine there's plenty of whiskey and women to go around for all. Todd I'm not the only one , there was 20 something there to speak along with me. We all made a strong showing that is you can still work on the streets of KW. As I said before they basically hurled pea shooters at us and we fired back with cannons. Most every one spoke about what we as street performers do for the city , I spoke about our 1st and 14 th amendment rights to free and uninhibited freedom to speak in pubic places.. Mallory and the street are 2 different issues in KW. But you can still work both, so come on back because we sure miss you here.
Old 09-18-08, 06:06 PM   #5
toddvarious

Hat I am a private

I am proud that the ideal of performing is not being lost to the evolution and growth of modern times. When someone asks me when our way of life was misunderstood who was the one to leed the masses on to a greater understanding? My answer will be jeep.
toddvarious is offline   Reply With Quote