performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > BUSKING STUFF > SPECIFIC PITCHES/CITIES/COUNTRIES

Old 10-03-08, 07:36 AM   #1
stickman

Canada Southbank removing circle acts

Just been told South bank has asked the circle acts to leave. Statues and musicains are excempt. Word is they are trying to introduce a new permit system, but started the process by removing everybody. Will pass on more when I actually get down there. In London now.

Stickman
stickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-08, 02:30 PM   #2
jeep caillouet

Where is South Bank?
Old 10-07-08, 05:22 AM   #3
FireNix

Default Southbank of the Thames, London

UK
Old 10-07-08, 12:18 PM   #4
stickman

Canada Update on South Bank

Seems security was overstepping their authority. The council was contacted and they said they weren't behind it. There IS still talk about licensing, but at the moment it's NOT in effect.

This isn't stopping security from asking people for the non existent permits however.

They are however picking and choosing which acts they are targeting.

Saying that even though I watched acts being asked if they had a license, they never personally asked me for one.

Security did interrupt the my shows a couple of times, to discuss things with me however. (rope placement etc...)

Other then a lack of etiquette on their part, I didn't have any difficulties performing.

Stickman
stickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-08, 09:47 AM   #5
mAtMISTAKE

Default southbank confusion

I think the Southbank is soon to be a licensed pitch, i've worked there for several years and the other day 3 members of security asked me for a permit from lambeth council, I check with lambeth council who knew nothing, and even was told the pitch is under westminster council. LOL soon after that the pitch was swamped by performers for the weekend and the security seemed to give up, and later told me there was no license and that they had been contemplating removing circle shows and indeed any interactive shows where performers moved from a single spot, but had changed there minds saying that this is "what the southbank is about" Lets hope they don't change there minds!
For now the southbank is open inform security you have permission and insurance and they will leave you alone.
mAtMISTAKE is offline   Reply With Quote