performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > BUSKING STUFF > SPECIFIC PITCHES/CITIES/COUNTRIES

Old 09-15-08, 08:29 AM   #1
Chris Yerlig
Mime

Default Busking in Basel

Do you have experience of busking in Basel, Switzerland (in October)?
Chris Yerlig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-08, 04:10 PM   #2
miquee

I've worked basel a few times. never in october. saturday afternoon was pretty good. i found that i had to shorten my show quite a bit because the swiss are all catching a bus or a train and even if they are enjoying the show they will leave. suddenly half your audience walks off. i shortened the show to twenty minutes and the money was good. everything and everyone is punctual. no permission needed. the cops told me no fire or amp but i used both without a problem. sunday was totally empty. a ghost town. have fun.
Old 10-29-08, 03:58 PM   #3
Chris Yerlig
Mime

Default busking in Basel

Thanks, Mike, for your advice

I did end up performing in Basel in October. The weather was good. I worked in around the Marktplatz. There were other buskers (including a disabled guy with crutches who kept a soccer ball in the air with crutches and head.) I performed my mechanical statue act on a pedestal and was mostly ignored until I worked in the sunshine near the famous bridge (sorry blanking on the name). I made maybe 30 Francs ($25). The money only started coming in when I made balloon animals instead of the mime gig, and made 100 francs in a few hours. I could see doing a big show in the Marktplatz but with sound.
Chris Yerlig is offline   Reply With Quote