performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > BUSKING STUFF > SPECIFIC PITCHES/CITIES/COUNTRIES

Old 10-29-08, 12:36 PM   #1
look_itsme_lee

Talking Busking In Paris =D

Next Easter me and a group of friends are planning on spending the School Holidays in Paris.

We were joking around about paying for it all and we were saying 2 of us will play our guitars/Ukuleles, while another would draw portraits of people. We then started seriously considering this!

I was just wondering what the laws are like at this time? What places is it allowed? Do you need a permit?

Any other advice would be appreciated! We've never busked before!
look_itsme_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-08, 01:50 PM   #2
jeep caillouet

Where you from?
Old 10-29-08, 02:52 PM   #3
look_itsme_lee

I personally am from Manchester, England. There are four of us on the trip, 2 from Manchester and 2 from Cardiff, Wales.
look_itsme_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-08, 05:15 PM   #4
Francois

I beleive your best bet would be in front of Pompidou Centre (downtown) , the national museum of contemporary art. its a great spot and they allow buskers to perform there but you can t use an amplifier (you ca get fined severly). Paris is extremely complicated when it comes to permissions but cops don't really check what's happening on the hill of Pompidou Centre, it's pretty much a free for all... just lay low if you spot national police (CRS). On top of the hill there, a lot of portrait artists work on a full time basis and these guys have their own spots...on the hill itself though, many other portraitists and caricaturists work and I think it's a little bit more open there for passer's by or new comers but it would be wise to ask them how to share the pitch. Just try to hang around close to the exit of Pompidou Centre (you have to stay 20 feet away from it or something like that, you ll see) and since it's the only exit of the bulding, you re sure to get a lot of tourists. I miss that spot, I hope you guys enjoy it!
Francois is offline   Reply With Quote