performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS... > PROMO STUFF (MARKETING, MEDIA, ETC.)

Old 03-21-09, 03:39 PM   #21
Evan Young

Send a message via AIM to Evan Young

I'm not fighting with anyone!

Jim:
Maybe not Microsoft's keynote (Scot was clear at the beginning that he his slant was younger edgier companies), but what about the subsidiary of Microsoft that develops games? The nerdy software guys that program games like GTA? Or American Apparel? Hell, I worked at an Abercrombie for a while and met all kinds of managers from the corporate office, none of which were over the age of 32, most being in their mid 20's. All they ever talked about was dating and drunk spring break stories.
Smaller market, smaller piece of the pie, but Scot might be the master of that market, which still isn't a bad place to be.
Colleges are a weird market these days, they might love Scot, they might ignore him. College bookers don't go for rebellious comedians, they go for Justin Kredible (look him up to find out what I'm talking about.)

*edit, I just realized that we kind of just said the same thing

ka-pow!
www.globalevan.com
www.showoffshow.com
www.evanshotme.com

Last edited by Evan Young; 03-21-09 at 03:41 PM.
Evan Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-09, 06:19 PM   #22
Dan Holzman

Default Don't poke the bear!

Quote:
originally posted by Scot Nery
"That wasn't very nice, Dan. I wasn't challenging your knowledge or ability. Your response of wanting to get closer to me is exactly what girls always do when I break their hearts.

You're obviously more respected and successful than I am. It's too bad that you can't see that and you still need to take cheapshots at me."

Gee Scott, you're no fun, not only can you not take a joke, you have trouble understanding them. You say you're not challenging me, but then you compare me to a heart broken girl, that's dirty fighting my friend, and I won't tolerate that type of thing unless a kiddie pool of chocolate pudding is involved.

Then to make matters worse, you have the gall to question my eyesight, sure I need reading glasses, but to say that I can't see something as obvious as Rosie O'Donnell's Muffin top in a string bikini is a real low blow.

Finally(and by that I mean I have placed this comment towards the end of my post)what you see as a cheapshot, I look at as a friendly nudge in the right direction. Scot you're Just like Spiderman, and you must understand that with great power comes great responsibility. Don't waste your powers, use them for good, nuture them with the natural fertalizers of your own effort and discipline(saliva works too).

Now, since I must have the last word in any arguement I get into, I choose "Zygote"

Still your friend, even after your meanspirited comments about me,
Dan
Old 03-22-09, 12:09 AM   #23
Mr.Taxi Trix

Quote:
Originally Posted by scot View Post
That wasn't very nice, Dan. I wasn't challenging your knowledge or ability. Your response of wanting to get closer to me is exactly what girls always do when I break their hearts.

You're obviously more respected and successful than I am. It's too bad that you can't see that and you still need to take cheapshots at me.

Jesus, Scott, you can dish it out, but one good reply, and you're a baby.
Don't worry, I think he sees it. A blind pig could see Dan is more successful than you, he's more successful than all of us. The respected part doesn't look like changing anytime soon either.

I thought your video was very well done with what you had to work with, and the comments you received were helpful.

When asking for critiques, you can normally expect to act on about half the feedback. Feedback on the feedback, or justification, is rarely useful.
Mr.Taxi Trix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-09, 05:12 PM   #24
Juggalicious

Send a message via AIM to Juggalicious

I dunno guys - if scot treats his clients the way he handles us. we're all in trouble!

ilu scot.

I have new juggling clubs.
Juggalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-09, 08:03 PM   #25
Mr.Taxi Trix

Default And Another Thing...

There is so much that's easy to improve. Your whole promo video should be that unique, one of a kind pancake routine, with super fast flashes of other tricks. GREAT grafix, btw. This would cut 30 secs and improve the end product.

You could cut the footage with the duct tape and heads in the foreground.
Re shoot that in front of a black curtain without heads for a 6000% improvement. Not that we need to see you can unroll tape, but it does work with the voice over. I don't often see tricks with duct tape, but I see knife juggling and ball juggling all the time. Where's the duct tape footage?

Basic three ball with a bulletin board behind you? Are you serious?
You are screaming small time with that cut. Its amazing someone has to say it, haven't you been at this awhile now? It is so loud I can't hear myself typing. Observe what is behind you, and cut that shot, then, cut it anyway, you're juggling three balls. By all means, fill with that if you need time, but don't feature it on your promo.

One take on the bucket trick will do it. You have three. Pick a take, or you're getting repetitive. Pick a take, or you're getting repetitive.

We're not getting the value of the "freedom to you" line re the eagle. Two seconds of your setup would solve that.

As soon as this rush to be cast is over, shoot better footage. The pancake routine is the one gem. Ending it on a drop, followed by a poorly-timed verbal name announce demeans it. I know you're being ironic, but just because they didn't get it, doesn't make it funny.

Take some juggling lessons, or have stunning verbal comedy as you juggle,
or omit that from your show. That three knife routine might be brought up to bog standard with some work. It peaks at the very funny line that you're not going to juggle them, then you grind it to a screeching halt with that mediocre routine mixed with a half improved, ancient line. If you are so different, stop being the same.
Mr.Taxi Trix is offline   Reply With Quote