performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS... > PROMO STUFF (MARKETING, MEDIA, ETC.)

Old 03-27-09, 08:55 PM   #1
Knoxious

Default New FlameOz Promo

Hiya,

I'd like to show off our new promo for our fire show...
I hope you like it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZZS9...eature=related

We hit corporate events, private celebrations and street festivals (Canada this summer!)...

Feedback is, as always, appreciated.

Dave
www.flameoz.com
Knoxious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-09, 12:22 AM   #2
Isabella

What I get:

You're a big group
You do big spectacle
You are smooth, tight, professional and experienced
You do corporate, stage shows and street

I like your costumes, and I like that you look clean and professional - I think of fire shows as looking like hippies a lot of the time.

The slow start with build is interesting - jury's out for me, I wonder about seeing the slower section in the middle as a breather? The start set the tone "mystical" for me, but that may be what you're going for.

The multi-screen shots near the end got hard for me to see where and what kind of event you were - felt like random pictures rather than specific images. If that's the purpose, what if you accelerated the music and the pace at that time?

Looking forward to meeting you at Waterloo!

Allison
Isabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-09, 10:16 AM   #3
Dan Holzman

Default looks great

Your group looks very professional, and the video definetly makes me want to see your show. The only negative for me was that I have no idea what the announcer says at the end, I listened to him three times and still couldn't figure it out.
Old 03-28-09, 05:25 PM   #4
Knoxious

Hey cheers for the feedback....

The slow start was a way to try to encompass everything that is in our show. We have a lot of different feels within our music, acts and choreography. We didn't feel that the main track captured the "softness" that is in our show. So we tacked that bit on at the beginning.

The multi screen stuff was due to having "too good" quality footage that made our old stuff look crap full screen, so we made multi screen bits to place the old footage. Also the video was/is meant to be seen in full quality on a decent screen - I know realise that this will actually be less of the case than I expected it to be. Lesson learnt for next time!

Unfortunatly - even after all the years we've been running - this was our primo selection of footage. Camera shake, focus, our own timing...all reduces available footage down massively.

Shame you can't hear him - "One more time for FlameOz... one more time. They're they cream of the crop, the top of the tree and you won't see better than that." (Thanks Shep!)

Waterloo- We're very excited to come to Canada!

Dave
Old 03-28-09, 10:39 PM   #5
Isabella

Subtitle him - it's worth the client "hearing" it and it leaves with a strong visual, too.
Isabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-09, 03:17 AM   #6
charliekarl

Cool

I think the video is great. It looks extremely professional and shows of lots of different aspects of your act. Very entertaining, beautiful, and it's got great tempo.

I believe you have a winner there!
charliekarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-09, 11:51 AM   #7
jeep caillouet

Thumbs Up

I liked the sparkles in the ending and the flash pods. How do you get the sparkles,and do you make your flash pods or buy them. I'm helping some one build a poi show and she doesn't have a good strong ending. When I use to do stage shows in music we made our own flash pods. I don't know about the sparkles but they look good. Any help would be nice. I already have her doing most of the stuff I saw in your video. I personally liked your video.Maybe you need another dancer?
Old 04-24-09, 07:02 PM   #8
Knoxious

Heya Jeep,

The sparklies are called gerbs; they're pretty common stage pyrotechnics that we buy from a (international) comapny called Le Maitre. The flash pods are also gerbs but simply a shorter length of time. There is a great amount of care that needs to be taken when dabbling in stage pyro! So, I'm happy to impart knowledge but e-mail me at info[at]flameoz.com with some specific questions so I can give you a detailed reply. Although we're a pretty comfortable 8 strong troupe, if she lived in the UK we'd take a look at her, but I've got a feeling you're from over the pond so it might make it a lilttle tricky for training sessions Cheers tho - I'm glad you liked the video!
Old 04-25-09, 12:39 PM   #9
jeep caillouet

Thanks for the info ,yep Key West fl. USA

Tags
fireshow, flameoz, promo, video