performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > FOR SALE - WANTED > ITEMS FOR SALE

Old 04-22-09, 07:42 PM   #1
Dave Kaplan

Default Sennheiser G2 Headset & Case Battery Powered

Hey there,
this is Dave from Project Dynamite.

I am selling a brand new Sennheiser Evolution G2 system all set for street or stage in a Pelican case. I rigged it to be completely battery powered. It never has to come out of the case.

I thought my old system died but it started working again so I have no need for this one.

I even bought the 2 year warranty from guitar center so that comes with it too.

Asking price is $550. If you don't want the pelican case, or if you want a lav instead of the headset mic, I can drop the price a bit.

Call or email to negotiate.
Dave 917 (dash) 734 (dash) 8434
Dave(at)projectdynamite(dot)com
Dave Kaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-09, 03:06 PM   #2
Sab ildanach

Default Wireless mic

Hi, i'm going to travel around doing street performing within the next month.I wanted to buy a wireless mic but all the transmitter boxes on the mics I have looked at are run on a mains power supply.Since I will be performing on the street I will need it to be battery operated.Do you know how to overcome this problem or do you know where I can purchase a mic with a battery operated transmitter box.Thanks.In regards to the one for sale above its to expensive for me.I was looking at wireless mics on music store .com and their was a mic for 180 euro that I could afford but the transmitter box was mains powered.
Sab ildanach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-09, 08:23 PM   #3
Dave Kaplan

Go to a GOOD electronics shop with knowledgeable sales people. All of these systems run on 12v so all you need to do is hook your system up to a 12 volt battery and you are set.

Just cut the wires from your power supply and attach the + and - to a battery. Just make sure that you know which is which (that is what the electronics people will help you with).

-Dave
Dave Kaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-09, 08:25 PM   #4
Frisbee

the other option that is the most efficient way is to get a battery powered receiver and transmitter.

the sennheiser ew 100 g2 series, is completely wireless and completely battery operated, both receiver and transmitter run on two AA batteries and the unit comes with an XLR connector as well as 1/8" adapter which can be used to patch into almost any mixing board or amp. if you need the 1/8" to 1/4" adapter it will run you a few dollars.

this unit being sold is a good close second as it is originally a hard wired unit, but modified wiring adapter, which is good. With the perks of the pelican case this is a good deal.
The only downside of this system being sold is the size of the receiver.

One thing you could do though to make it even more versatile is to figure out the frequency range of the unit and order just the battery receiver. This way you would have a larger hardwired unit for indoor gigs/soundboards; sound people know this system more than the 100g2 receiver...
then you could have the battery system for when you are doing outdoor/street stuff.

Here are are few links to help in your decision:

Here is the EW100g2: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...=REG&q=1&Q=add

if you are looking for a cheaper unit that runs on battery completely check out this link:
prices range from $169 and up.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/shop/9...r_Systems.html

www.FrisbeeShow.com

Last edited by Frisbee; 04-28-09 at 08:47 PM.
Frisbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-09, 12:25 PM   #5
Marcus Wilson

I have a pro w88 audio-technica that is mentioned in the link Frisbee left. It works great if you hook it to a video camera but it doesn't have a way to adjust the strength of the signal so when I hook it up to a sound system I get a lot of feed back and there is really nothing I can do about it other than turn down the volume to the point where it becomes useless.

www.funnymanwhodoestricks.com
Marcus Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-09, 12:29 PM   #6
Frisbee

I do not know about other units besides sennheiser's system, so I do not know which ones you can adjust the output levels.

On the sennheiser you can adjust both the sensitivity on the transmitter and the af output on the receiver.

www.FrisbeeShow.com
Old 07-18-09, 10:03 PM   #7
Doctor Eric

I can't think of any good reason why a street performer would use anything other than the sennheiser, it's the best wireless mic out there, hands down

!?www.ericcash.com?!
Doctor Eric is offline   Reply With Quote