performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > THE GREEN ROOM > BLAH, BLAH, BLAH...

Old 06-11-08, 07:27 PM   #41
nick nickolas

Hey Martin

///I'd critique the artists if i could hack my way through the veil of sympathy I have to feel for them in order to do so.////

go on mate critique all, hacking your way through them will be more fun than hacking your way through banana trees wouldn't it mate,

I wanna know what happens to Hotch,,

Nick
Old 09-15-08, 09:33 PM   #42
Butterfly Man
Refurbished Member

Wink Coofee...regular

Buskers; For Love or Money

Sunday September 28th, 12:00 Noon

Coney Island Film Festival

Sideshow by the Seashore, 3006 W 12th St, Brooklyn, NY

Tickets at the door or: http://www.coneyislandfilmfestival.c.../program11.htm
Old 09-15-08, 09:37 PM   #43
Whaleman

I can't imagine we will be seeing it in Wellington any time soon...but we live in hope. Perhaps Robert you could pop back down here for old times sake...I am pretty sure that dog is dead now!

Cheers,

Whaleman
Old 09-15-08, 10:24 PM   #44
Frisbee

Hi B-Man,

why are you posting more about this movie and it whereabouts than Chad?

I am waiting to see a movie just about you...

I may be in Hawaii this winter and would love to cross paths with you and Wheeler.

-G

www.FrisbeeShow.com
Old 06-04-09, 03:43 AM   #45
Rex Boyd
Kansas Man in Exile

I'm getting Chad's movie for my birthday I hope.

In the meantime I've been enjoying this vintage clip of the Butterfly Man. I'm pretty sure that this same clip was one of the first juggling videos I ever saw. Heck it's probably old enough to count among the first juggling videos ever made. Go have a look and boost the viewing numbers for this clip or else one of the greats will simply languish in Youtube obscurity and in the dusty corners of my memory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfZwwjx9X2I

www.rexboyd.co.uk
Rex Boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09, 08:24 AM   #46
Jim
Your Host

Rex, I have that whole VHS tape. It's called "Juggling" and it's CLASSIC. That guy who put the clip on Youtube edited out the parts of the video where Robert was being interviewed.

And what's UP with Chad and the Street Performing video? It's now been 10 years since he was filming up in Canada.
Old 06-04-09, 08:47 AM   #47
Rex Boyd
Kansas Man in Exile

I'm on Chad's mailing list from the website for his movie. He's just announced that he's now selling DVD's of the movie from his site:

http://www.buskersmovie.com

I can hardly wait to see it. I want to know what happened with Hotch's fight as well : )

I'd also like to see more of that "Juggling" video if you know where to find some clips or maybe have the time to put some up yourself one day.

www.rexboyd.co.uk
Old 06-04-09, 10:37 AM   #48
RiffRaff

I watched Chad's video on the internet. Here's the link:
http://www.booserver.com/player?p=3361

Cost was one pound and you could watch the movie for one week.
RiffRaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-09, 11:43 PM   #49
le pire

Funny enough, I just emailed Chad about this a few days ago.

You can buy a DVD here:

http://www.buskersmovie.com/

I haven't received my copy yet, but am looking forward to it.

etienne
le pire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-09, 09:09 AM   #50
jeep caillouet

just received my copy. He must have shot some of the footage 7 8 years ago.
Old 06-12-09, 11:19 AM   #51
jeep caillouet

Thumbs Up buskers movie

I just watched the movie and must say Chad did a really good job explaining about buskers.It was really fun to see all the people that I know and don't know from around the world.
My first reaction to the movie was B. man shaving. His comments brought back this story...
I was was in Boulder some time in the early 80's tying balloons in white face. I was very passive in my performance and would just let the kids come up and get balloons. Along came Dizzy D.Clown strolling up and tied balloons for all these little kids in front of me. Needless to say it pissed me off and I bitched at him and ran him off down the street. Nothing too messy. There also was a guy there constantly bugging me to teach him to play banjo. He was following me all around the country. I saw him every where. I went on about busking around the country and finally made it to San Diego's Balboa Park. where I ran in to him ( the clown) again I stopped for a while then headed to on to Tijuana for a little fun if you know what I mean.Told him I'd be back in a few days. In those Days you had to show up early to get a permitted spot. No one was there that wanted the spot that I'd seen him in a few days before,so I took that spot.I was in white face tying balloons, there was a guy there riding a 20 foot tall unicycle and maybe 2 or 300 field trip kids watching us. All of a sudden WAM, I just got sucker punched, you know it, Dizzy D. clown in make up. Knocked me cold bloodied out , just one punch.As I came to he was over me screaming at me to get up,he was going to run me out of town. I was scared to death as I was in a strange town. Survival kicked in and I was like a buzz saw on his ass. Both of us were in white face and blood was flying every where All over me, All over him, all over the ground, It was a hell of a fight. All those little kids where watching this. But I had the upper hand and he was getting the crap beat out of him, as I was scared. That's when his wife took a can of mace,you guessed it, squirted me right in the face. Needless to say It was time for me to get the hell outta there. I ran through all the kids down the street a ways and fell to the grown in front of a cop, knowing I was now safe. If you've never been maced before I 'd suggest don't try it, as it burns like crazy. Now the 911 call was placed at the seen of the fight and that's where all the cops went. Yep, now I was the bad guy, because I had ran away. The cops took me back to the fight seen.,where I was given a couple of tickets and they let him go. I couldn't believe it. they told the cops that I had started the fight! I went to gather me belongings and damn they had stole all my money too . Well don't put water on mace, that's when it really burns. I couldn't wait to get out of there. No money ,what to do All washed up burning like crazy I ran in to a friend that had been following me around the country trying to get me to teach how to play banjo. He loaned me a few bucks for gas money and I was headed to NOLA. I'm outta there. As I was leaving some people stopped me and told me the cops wanted to see me They had made a mistake and gave him the tickets and told me I could stay. The next day was Saturday so I put on make up over a lop sided and swollen face and went to work Sat. and Sun. Made a couple hundred dollars. Never got that Cadillac under 100 mph all the way to NOLA. I was glad to be home! ... I never did teach that guy to play banjo as I never saw him again!
Again thanks Chad for including me in your movie. If you don't have a copy
Old 06-12-09, 11:20 AM   #52
jeep caillouet

oops... get one
Old 07-26-09, 11:28 PM   #53
le pire

I ordered my copy on june 8. It's July 27 and no DVD in the mail.

Fail.
le pire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-09, 04:31 AM   #54
Rex Boyd
Kansas Man in Exile

I got my copy through the post just fine. Definitely glad to have my own copy to keep as a time capsule memento for one day when I'm old and doddery with the grandkids sitting on my knee, telling them stories of the old days back when people used to carrie real money around with them instead of electronic money...

Anyway it's a pretty good documentary, maybe slightly a little long and wordy if I'm being honest but not by much. I would still highly recommend getting your own copy.

www.rexboyd.co.uk
Old 07-27-09, 11:44 AM   #55
jeep caillouet

Default Useing lines...

I must confess I borrowed one of my friend's, Deter Trip's lines from the movie and I get the biggest laughs out of it... "I'm going to NOLA with David and when I get there I'm gonna breed with the locals" HA HA HA
Thanks Dexter.