performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > BUSKING STUFF > FESTIVAL DISCUSSIONS

Old 09-05-09, 01:02 PM   #81
USA BREAK DANCERS

As for being one of the only acts ithat doesn't have to travel, recieves a pay check, has a place to store my props, live 3 blocks from pitch, love it!
I am proud to say I only work 4 gigs a year, but I perform nearly 365 days a year!!!

Those are the words spoken by Dallas in a previous post. My question is why? Why would you break up a friendship when you don't really need Virginia? You seem to have it made in Clearwater? What's your motivation for this?

Thanks for clearing that up Tom,

FYI it was an alleged incident at the hotel, but I know what you meant.

So there you have it Storm he was speaking about us I know he's your friend and your trying to help him out, that's kool.

Dallas is wrong he should have never got involved this is between me and the Beach Street USA people, a true friend would just stay out of it especially if he was not present when any of this happen.

Dallas has no kind of relationship with those people he just met them last summer it's not possible.

I grew up on the streets of NY the Bronx where I come from everybody minds there own business #1 rule on the streets never sell your boys out.

Dallas wouldn't have mentioned he had a problem with them this summer if I didn't post it. Dallas mentioned his problem with the Beach Street USA employees after I brought it up, that shows you how far he would go to protect these people.

Last edited by USA BREAK DANCERS; 09-06-09 at 01:03 PM.
USA BREAK DANCERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-09, 01:55 AM   #82
Storm Surge

Default Friends

i consider both of you my friends julio. dallas got me started and you kept me there when people were grabbing my junk. as such you both meen a lot to me.
one of the things i've found is that forums are pretty good at making people misunderstand each other. i am a member of a religious forum and remember getting pissed at a poster for his views. it ended up being my roomate. when we talked face to face a lot of it got cleared up. we still throw holy water on each other and call each other heratic but now it's in fun.
jesus is the answer for me (sorry couldn't resist). when too big shows go at it, 'tis best to back up.

Last edited by Storm Surge; 09-06-09 at 02:10 AM.
Storm Surge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-09, 07:59 AM   #83
jesus

Send a message via Yahoo to jesus
USA No TV at Mom's House

She's buried at Arlington National Cemetary, we could all show up. I bet it would make a great fly pitch!
And I'm sure the folks that run it would be no more controling then the folks down at VA Beach.

"an honorable and decent human being"
jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-09, 05:59 PM   #84
Dallas
Pier 60 Clearwater, Fl

Send a message via MSN to Dallas

I guess if it isn't in the "letter" then it never happened.
If that's the case then I am truley sorry for my misunderstanding.

Last edited by Dallas; 09-07-09 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Want to delete
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-09, 06:16 PM   #85
Dallas
Pier 60 Clearwater, Fl

You are wrong, when I had Problem with beach street employee, I talked to them then, and I moved on.
There was no reason to bring it up, because it was dealt with.

I am done with this subject.I refuse to stoop.

I still recommend this event.

Gonna go do my mediocre show now...
Old 09-07-09, 06:34 PM   #86
Dallas
Pier 60 Clearwater, Fl

Your first post stated " if you want respect and treated professionally, stay away from Virginia Beach Beachstreet"

I think you are dead wrong with that!!

Myself and countless others are treated with respect and like the gig.

Point blank.
Old 09-07-09, 09:00 PM   #87
USA BREAK DANCERS

"You are wrong, when I had Problem with beach street employee, I talked to them then, and I moved on.
There was no reason to bring it up, because it was dealt with."

But there was a reason to bring up a hotel incident with our group and a PA system that was loaned to us? That was important wasn't it Dallas? You had to get that out there? Didn't have anything do with this but you thought it would help show the character of our group, Virginia Beach there squeaky clean?

There are also countless others who does not like the way they do things out there, as you can see says a lot bout there character.

As far as our group is concerned still no past clients or producers of any festival writing anything negative about our group except you.

It's to late you already stooped!
Old 09-07-09, 10:35 PM   #88
Dallas
Pier 60 Clearwater, Fl

When everyone was bashing Paul, I stated that he was nice and has even supplied a pa system. I not once indicated that it was for your group. You took that ball and ran with it.

I also stated that the hotel complaint was probably the beginning of their attitude toward you.

You took that as me smearing your name. Guilty conscience??

I know that any time someone gets fired from a job, they tend to not say good things about the place of employment, even if they where wrong.

I know I don't have to loan out equipment, I do it cause I'm a nice guy and like to see people work.It's not my job, or responsibility.

You took it to the next level calling me mediocre, etc. I've saved your ass more than once. I've turned you on to festivals and gigs. I've made you money!

Personally you've shown you true self to me.

I have been the Busker Coordinator for nearly 10 years, on the Board of Directors for nearly 10 years. Produced a successful event in Ybor for 3 years. Helped coordinate Daytona Beach for over 10 years.
My professionalism speaks for itself.

I guess that letter says nothing about Steve pissing off the balcony, the tabacco scraps on our balconies, the late night noise, you guys giving my son alcohol, the circles you guys drove in the parking lot, me almost getting spit on over my balcony.

None of us complained.

NOW I've stooped!
Old 09-08-09, 12:36 AM   #89
USA BREAK DANCERS

More smearing Dallas?

Again don't know about those allegations at the hotel, don't know if they ever happened, according to you they did, and you knew about this the whole time.
Dallas you failed to bring it to my attention back then that shows irresponsibility on your part. If you knew all this was going on why didn't you tell me at the time? Why bring it up now hmmm?

I don't know about you but if I saw or heard about Nicholas doing something to jeopardize a pitch or a gig I would have told him to stop what ever it is he was doing wrong and brought it your attention because I'm a responsible adult and I care about Nick.
That is what responsible adults do especially those who are supposed to care "the one's who love us dearly." Remember that? You wrote it....

Don't say Nicholas won't get in trouble, you taught him better, because that's bullshit he's a teenager and all teenagers get in trouble.
Old 09-08-09, 04:06 AM   #90
Lee Nelson

hey folks, I dont know Dallas but I do know Julio. I just have to say that I dont think anything good is coming from this. You can go back and forth and split these hairs in a public forum forever but the only result is going to be both of you looking bad. And all street performers looking bad in the case of a promotor stumbling upon this thread.
My advice, and I mean it, take this somewhere private.
What would really be a good idea might be picking up the phone and meeting for a beer.
Lee Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-09, 04:29 AM   #91
USA BREAK DANCERS

You know what Lee your correct i'm done with this subject me and him will talk when I see him face to face.