performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > GENERAL FORUM INFORMATION > USERS GUIDE / SUGGESTIONS / FORUM FAQ

Old 04-02-07, 11:02 PM   #1
Irina

Default "Street Performers" group on My Space?

Hey, Jim, I have a killer idea for this forum. Check it out. A lot of performers nowadays have "myspace" or 'tribe" pages instead of web-sites - it's free, really easy to do updates and load pictures and video. These sites also incourage people to make connections, form friends circles and invite new friends. We should create 'street performers" group and invite everybody on this forum to join - and make a link between the forum on performers.net and this group. This way you can just click on any name/picture in a group and look at the person's profile, listen to music, looks at jugglers videos, picturs, blogs etc etc.

It's way more fun then going into who's who and clicking on web-sites...

There is no serious street performers international group on my space right now - a couple of small regional ones only, I looked.

Check out My space pages for Tipitina Foundiation - basicly anybody in 'friends" circle there is a New Orleans musician, so their list of members is basicly a public entertainers directory ...
I think we can do something similar for a street performers group -but we need a name and a logo - because these sites are very visual, you need some cool graphics.

Question - Do you have a non-profit organization?
Irina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-08, 01:43 AM   #2
Stick

http://groups.myspace.com/buskingandstreetperformance

This is a myspace group that I recently created. Feel free to join and network there if you have a myspace account. What? You don't have a myspace page? Chances are your audience members do and its a great and cheap way to promote yourself.
Old 07-21-09, 11:25 AM   #3
omnigut

Send a message via Skype™ to omnigut

I might have what you're talking about: www.undercoverny.com. But at the moment, it's only for New York. If it gets some success, I'll expand it.
omnigut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-10, 12:38 PM   #4
omnigut

Send a message via Skype™ to omnigut

Well, it looks like it HAS expanded! I'm going to travel around the world (starting in the USA this year) to examine street performance in as many cities as possible. You can check it out here:

www.thebuskingproject.com

If you've got any questions email me @ nick@thebuskingproject.com
omnigut is offline   Reply With Quote