performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > GENERAL FORUM INFORMATION > WHO'S WHO?

Old 08-17-11, 09:54 PM   #1
Barnabas (Nobby)
Spectacular Gadabout

Default Greasings and Evaluations, gentle people...

Good evening to you, fair and frolicsome folk! Barnabas is the name; feel free to call me Nobby if you so choose.

Nobby is not (by a long shot) the only name I go by... Under the rather expansive spread of my "umbrella", there lives a clown, a prop comic, a singer/instrumentalist (of both the "straight-forward" and the goofy kind) and a sideshow talker with ballyhoo a mile long.

Wrap it all up in an oversize frame, complete with baggy, high-waisted pants, floppy shoes, a vintage-throwback-Father's-Day-present tie and a smart bowler hat, and you've got a weirdo. That's right, folks, an honest-to-goodness goofball that does all sorts of things to encourage the good people of my area to slip silver, cast currency, donate ducats, give greenbacks and cast cash.

I've actually been a street musician for years, but it's recently that the other aspects of my performing work (as a party clown, as a kids' entertainer at schools and libraries, etc) has started to influence what I am doing on the street. My playing partner and I were a folk/blues-influenced duo on the main drag in a major college town some years ago. Lots of things changed, lots of moves and marriages and all sorts of things came into play, but I'm going back out as a single act and he and I are considering dusting off the old routines again as well.

Is it me, or does this place just not get a whole lot of traffic? It seems like sometimes there are awfully long spans of time between posts and new threads and so on.

Anyhow, it's nice to have been approved for membership. I certainly hope I can share some experience and learn a lot as well.
Barnabas (Nobby) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-11, 01:40 AM   #2
davidkaye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnabas (Nobby) View Post
Is it me, or does this place just not get a whole lot of traffic? It seems like sometimes there are awfully long spans of time between posts and new threads and so on.
Are you after quantity or quality? I prefer quality, myself, and I've found it in great abundance here.
davidkaye is offline   Reply With Quote