performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS... > TOOLS OF THE TRADE

Old 09-05-11, 08:56 AM   #21
FireNix

So as I started the thread I figure I should feedback - now ive actually bought one!!
The only real problem ive had is that as I jump around with the mic lodged into my exceeeeedingly small ears it does have a tendency to fall off. So I think I will also carry my old samson aswell for the street shows and keep the tiny one for the compeering gigs as it less intrussive and looks more Pro
One other issue is that ive already lost the 2 spare windscreens for the mic end - they skip off REALLY easy and without them my voice can get distorted - I think a small elastic band would probably sort that though
I havent had any problems with feedback on larger PA systems when I compeered the EJC FireGala - and I have had problems with large systems and feedback with the older Samson airline
I did have abit of trouble at the begining with receiver distance being really short - but I think it was because it was switched to line instead of mic and I hadnt discovered the arials yet (which as was talked about earlier do look a wee bit flimsy)
But all in all for a $150 mic I think its good - Compact, light, good sound quality and Pro looking/sleek
Of course there are much better and more expensive mics out there - but for the headset transmitter and tiny receiver needin- both with internal USB charged batteries - I think its a good buy
Thats my tuppence worth!!!
Old 09-05-11, 09:55 AM   #22
RiffRaff

Just one piece of warning:
The tips on the antennas tend to loosen and vanish. (I have lost two already.)
Just be sure to tighten them each time you remove the receiver from the case.
RiffRaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-11, 09:49 AM   #23
ScoobyCircus

I bought this after talking to Victor about it.

Its a pretty awesome piece of kit.

It is a little annoying at first when you don't have a volume/gain knob to adjust it, but for its size and price its worth it.

I toured around Europe with the samson airline and I had to carry a 4kg battery to power the receiver, so having the whole receiver in a box that's an inch big is really helpful.

The sound quality isn't the best, but if your amp has EQ it can be dialed in. It is definitely usable.
ScoobyCircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-11, 02:54 AM   #24
gav

Why did you carry a 4kg battery to power your receiver ?
When I fly to a gig I carry a 50 gram battery holder that I load with 8, 1.5 volt aa batteries to power mine. I buy the cheapest batteries I can find when I get there and they always last the whole weekend, then I give them away to who ever wants them before flying home.

I'm with Greg when thinking you want to be able to switch batteries when you discover yours is flat.
gav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-11, 11:45 AM   #25
ScoobyCircus

I went to a battery shop and asked what could power my mic receiver, and that's what I got as a result. I have thought that the guy had no idea about it and went with something that was overkill.

What sort of battery pack is yours?

I totally agree as well though, having the option to plug in more batteries when needed is a serious plus.
Old 10-20-11, 09:35 AM   #26
gav

Mines basically the same as the one in this pic only it holds 8 standard aa batteries. That gives you 12 volts.
http://www.solarbotics.com/assets/im...scn4022_pl.JPG
The guys at Dick Smiths should be bale to set you up with what you need.
gav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-11, 09:52 AM   #27
ScoobyCircus

Awesome, thanks!
Old 10-30-11, 07:32 AM   #28
ScoobyCircus

So,

Went to do a show today and went to fix it onto my ear when upon gently pushing the ear grip down it snaps inside.

This made it not work anymore- must be an aerial inside it or something.

Not only that but I was talking to another performer and it had done the same thing to him!

I'm going to try and claim it back on warranty, but it seems to be a massive design fault.