performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS... > PROMO STUFF (MARKETING, MEDIA, ETC.)

Old 03-24-12, 03:40 PM   #1
BlackBeltMagician
Black Belt Magician

Send a message via MSN to BlackBeltMagician
Default website position enhancement

I just had Dr. Jerry Dreessen work on my website and he got me moved from page 10 on the search engine response to page 1. It moves around a little, but I've come in at the top of page 1 under Kansas City Magician. I spent years on page 10 or so. He worked magic for me. Check him out if you want to improve your standing. He's also a magician. Hopefully nobody from KC will read this. . .

info@whoisyourwebguy.com)
Old 04-08-12, 10:51 PM   #2
Irina

Check out www.smartguy.com - they move you up the web-ladder pretty quickly, and it's free on the basic level. If you are working locally - " google local business" and 'google maps" work really well, if you put right key-words, do not just go as 'entertainment", write custom key-words! Having huge facebook following and posting something on FB often also helps to book gigs. If you have time - get listed in every free web-directory possible - the more links TO you web-site - the higher you go in google ratings.
Irina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-12, 05:29 AM   #3
davidkaye

The key is to have unique phrases on your webpage that people will look for. For instance, in my other life, if you do a Google on "honest" "dave" and "computer" you'll find my Yelp page come up as the very FIRST choice (after the Google ad). But if you enter "computer" "tech" "support" I'll still be in there, but about 10-15 pages down.

Likewise, I run a gaming group called SF Games. If you enter "San Francisco" and "games" the group will come up FIRST, after the Google ad.

So, just think about what you're offering that is unique and write it up on your webpage. Note that if you look at the source code on my various web pages you don't see a blast of keywords. Google is clued into that and will actually drop your ranking if they suspect that you're just peppering your website with keywords.
davidkaye is offline   Reply With Quote