performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > BUSKING STUFF > BUSKING Q&A/GENERAL PERFORMING TOPICS

Old 05-17-12, 06:21 PM   #21
RiffRaff

Quote:
Originally Posted by circusboy90210 View Post
it's impossible for wages to go down for the middle class, if your wages go down you leave the middle class and enter the lower class.
That's preposterous. Of course you can make less money and remain in the same class. A family that goes from $55,000 to $50,000 is making less money, yet remains in the same class.
RiffRaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-12, 06:50 PM   #22
circusboy90210

Default that's true ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiffRaff View Post
That's preposterous. Of course you can make less money and remain in the same class. A family that goes from $55,000 to $50,000 is making less money, yet remains in the same class.
however not many people have really lost that much income to notice it. my brother got a raise recently from $14- 18 hour. the media is really twisting this situation and only telling the horror storys.
circusboy90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-12, 06:59 PM   #23
RiffRaff

Your brother is just one example. You can't make general statements from anecdotal evidence. Most peoples' incomes have not increased at the same rate as inflation, so real incomes are lower.
Old 05-17-12, 07:14 PM   #24
circusboy90210

would say that is only true for certain industry's as far as keeping pace with inflation, most good jobs however have annual cost of living allowances. don't know wher you get this most people statement from because my city usually brings the same people to me every day from day to day. the tips have gotten better. of course florida was one of the hardes hit by obamas staments that really rocked whole economy's all over the nation by telling banks and auto company's not to woo clients or advertise.
circusboy90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-12, 08:02 PM   #25
RiffRaff

I'm glad your city is thriving, and that as a consequence you are doing well. However, the majority are not as fortunate:
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...ld-income.html