performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > GIG OPPORTUNITIES - POST GIGS HERE! > GIGS - OTHER

Old 12-16-12, 12:00 AM   #1
Unregistered

Jester Courting Chaos - Feature film clown and actor auditions

I am seeking actors and clowns for my new film, Courting Chaos, which is set in Los Angeles.

Courting Chaos is a coming of age romantic comedy, in which a Beverly Hills girl falls for a Venice Beach street clown named Chaos and she must overcome her inhibitions and become a clown herself for the relationship to succeed.

My first feature, Butterfly Crush, won a string of 'Best Feature Drama' awards at US festivals last year and has been picked up for North American distribution by Vanguard Cinema. I also have a background as a clown teacher and the characters in Courting Chaos are drawn from my book, 'Angels Can Fly, a modern Clown User Guide'.

The script for Courting Chaos was written under the guidance of US script consultant Linda Seger and it is being called 'lovely' by Hollywood managers. The film will be shot over five weeks next summer on location at Venice Beach. We are aiming for a June shoot, depending on availabilities.

I will be in LA following the Sundance festival, from January 28 to February 15 and I am keen to audition actors and clowns for the roles listed below. While I am mainly targeting California, I will also consider DVD auditions from clowns in other places.

I am happy to send the script and more information to anyone interested.

Alan Clay
Producer/Director
Artmedia
www.alanclay.com
www.artmedia.net.nz

Courting Chaos is a coming of age romantic comedy in which a Beverly Hills girl falls for a Venice Beach street clown named Chaos and she must overcome her inhibitions and become a clown herself for the relationship to succeed.

Character Descriptions

Lead female:

GINGER is a model in her early twenties, an innocent girl from a sheltered upbringing, who's mother, Darlene has managed her career from an early age. Keen to break out of her mother's world and find her own path, she forms a relationship with Chaos. Her inhibitions about playing with people and her sense of order and tidiness are confronted as the relationship grows and she eventually triumphs over these by developing her own clown show. This character requires good acting skills. Clown skills are desirable. She also skates.

Lead male:

CHAOS is a street clown in his mid to late twenties, who is a champion of randomness and improvisation. He is in an open relationship with Dancer, but gradually is won over by newcomer, Ginger. He is a 'space case' who is conscious of the chaos of the universe and his small part in it and uses this as an excuse to avoid commitment. He is random and lateral in his approach. He reads people well and loves the diversity of humans. This character requires good acting, improvisation and clown skills.

Street Clowns:

MADONNA is in her late twenties / early thirties. She carries her gear in a silver road case and wears striking colored shirts and tights, with floppy floral skirts and a pair of yellow glasses with no lenses. Her show is built around physically challenging people's comfort zones, with a juggling climax. It is not working like it used to however and an accident pushes her to experiment with her movements instead and, through this, to find a new show. Movement, clown, juggling and acting skills are required for this character.

DANCER is in her mid twenties. She is comfortable with her body and the clear skin of her face is studded with piercings and other jewelry. She's a trickster who knows how to provoke people and get away with it. She does a physical, movement based show, from which she gets her name. She is in an 'open relationship' with Chaos and is jealous of Ginger's growing relationship with him, teasing her with pranks. Movement, clown and acting skills are required for this character.

TC is in his early to mid twenties. He wears fashionably torn shirts revealing his well-formed chest. He is one of the highest earners amongst the clowns and he is young, sexy and never short of money. So, the way he figures it, this should come with a bit of attitude. He plays the field in his relationships, but ends the film marrying Dancer. This character requires acting and clown skills.

Mother:

DARLENE is in her forties, a former beauty queen who runís a talent agency and manages the modeling career of her daughter, Ginger. She dresses to perfection and is generally in a state of enthusiastic excitement. She lives herself out through Ginger's successes and, as Ginger is seduced by the freedom of clown, she desperately tries to keep her on track for the Top Model contest. Eventually however she is forced to kick her out of home and immediately develops a relationship with her young male model assistant. Good comic acting skills required.

Assistant:

JEFF is a model in his early twenties, who works as assistant to Darlene in the agency. He is normal in his dress and ambitions, but emotionally and physically awkward in relationships and although he fancies Ginger, he ends the film in a relationship with Darlene who he admires. This character requires acting and physical comedy skills. He does one pratfall.

Auditions

If you're interested in any roles in the film, please email auditions@artmedia.net.nz with information of your experience and training, DOB, a recent photo, your location and which role you wish to audition for.

Tags
actor, audition, clown, film contest, street theatre